PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Day

murphy1
12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
My grandparents met at Pearl Harbor. My grandfather is one of the few Pearl Harbor Survivors left. If my grandmother had gone to work the day that the attack happened, I wouldn't be here right now. She grew up in Hawaii. I have a neat picture of my grandpa dancing with Hilo Hattie! I am so glad I can still talk to both of them.

faline
12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
If at all possible, everyone should make at least one visit to Pearl Harbor!

What a piece of history you've got in your own family! We met a survivor at Pearl Harbor when we visited in early 2006.

Marker
12-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Always remember!!!!

A moment in history that changed history and future of the whole world.

Just one example of why we should never let our guard down.

Here's to those brave souls!!!!! And here's to all the brave souls then and now who willingly put themselves in our way to protect our way of life (such that it has become).

RedheadWriter
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
**Moment of silence for that fateful day.**
I am thinking of The American Adventure and the way they treat that time in history.

Scar
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
My grandparents met at Pearl Harbor. My grandfather is one of the few Pearl Harbor Survivors left.

I am so glad I can still talk to both of them.If you haven't already, I would suggest you video tape them simply having a conversation reminiscing about that day and how they met.

I would also like to suggest to everyone that you spend a little time today learning about that day. Whether it is just a few minutes on Wikipedia, or better yet, reading a book, no matter how much or how little you know about Pearl Harbor, it is a good idea to learn more.

ibrowse17
12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
While I have never been there, I plan to. Not long before he died, my grandfather asked me to never forget that day. We had been watching the news together on 7 Dec of that year, and not much was said about the fact that it was Pearl Harbor Day. As a vet of WWII and Korea, this was upsetting to him. He told me that that was the day which changed America forever, and I agree. Since his death, I have done what he asked. But as a vet myself, how could I forget such a day??

kdsjjb
12-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I am not a Veteren, but I owe my life to one. And so do you.

Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and the Korean War, and unfortunately both died while I was very young. I'd love nothing more than to be able to sit and talk about the time with them.

I'd like to post a sincere THANK YOU to any and all veterens who have served in the US Armed Forces. And a special thought to those who are serving today.