PDA

View Full Version : Transfering pictures on memory cards to a cd at Disney/Kodak kiosks?

IloveDisney71
12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I seem to recall, someone saying that you can go to a Kodak kiosk and they will transfer the pictures from your digital memory cards to a cd, but I can't find that post.
Has anyone ever done this?
If so, how long does it take?
How much does it cost?
Where exactly do you go to have this done?
I leave in 8 days, so I'm trying to get all my information together.:mickey:
THANKS for your help!

Aggie97
12-07-2007, 02:13 PM
We had to do this on Sunday night - we filled up our two 1GB memory cards, and the MK was sold out of xD cards. It was the last night of our trip and we were at MVMCP, so it was the quickest solution for us.

We did this at the MK, at the Exposition Hall on Main Street. Each CD costs $11.99 + tax. Each CD can hold up to 120 photos (ours held 114). It took about 20 minutes to complete one CD. The files were saved in .jpg format.

I uploaded all of the photos from the CD to our computer with no issues. One thing to note -- the CD tried to automatically install Kodak EasyShare software. I did not want the software, so I was able to just cancel out of it. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Here's the information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/film.asp) from info central...

TheRustyScupper
12-08-2007, 04:14 PM
1) I recommend buying extra memory cards.
2) They are pretty cheap.
3) There have boo-boos made at Disney
. . . while transferring to CD's, pictures didn't move over
. . . all the pictures were lost

4) It just isn't worth the risk.

JPL
12-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Just another quick note to consider

When they are transferred to CD they often lose the original resolution from the camerea. This is not a straight data CD like you would make at home. I made this mistake at a local place with some pictures I took at a hockey game when I tried to upload them and print enlargements it was way the resolution of my camera.

IloveDisney71
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Here's the information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/film.asp) from info central...

Thanks!

Thanks for the other posts too. I'm so picky about my pictures. I think I'll get an extra memory card for the trip so I don't take the chance of losing any or having grainy pictures.

DizneyRox
12-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I've also had the devices do some "enhancements" to my pictures. Seemed like it was an auto-levels type of a command. Made a picture taken at night look like it was a daytime shot. Of course all the grain was amplified as well. Thankfully I noticed this before I deleted the pictures.

I steer clear of them, I'm happy doing my own post processing, thank you.