PDA

View Full Version : Rix Lounge Opens at Disney's Coronado Springs

Figment!
12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Nightspot Opens at Disney's Coronado Springs

by Chris Boyd
Orlando Sentinel's Tourism Central Florida
December 5, 2007

A 300-seat nightspot is opening at Walt Disney World’s Coronado Springs Resort.

Rix Lounge will offer house music, specialty drinks and tapas-style appetizers, and will be the first venue of its kind on attraction’s property outside the Downtown Disney entertainment and dining area.

Rix is open daily from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. A DJ will play Top 40 music, and bands will perform some nights. The Lounge is operated by Springs Food Service LLC.

tinksmom02
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Jason, did this replace the lounge that was there previously (I thought I remember that it was under rehab?), or is it a completely new venue?

Thanks!

Crow
12-09-2007, 10:59 PM
i know that Franciscos? was closed for the rehab when i was there in May so im guessing thats what this is. gives me another reason to stay at CSR again

kmo84
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
This sounds like a great idea. CS is my favorite moderate. I can't wait to check this out!

Gregbastian
12-19-2007, 12:35 AM
We just got back from a week long stay at CSR. The new club looks great, but the music is played so loud that it is impossible to have a conversation anywhere in the vicinity of the Pepper Market. We went in for takeout one evening and I couldn't hear the cashier and she couldn't hear me. We had to communicate with sign language. After that we avoided El Centro at night.

The old lounge was a nice place to sit, talk and unwind at the end of the day. Not so anymore. I hope this isn't the beginning of a new trend for the Disney resorts.

tinksmom02
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
The old lounge was a nice place to sit, talk and unwind at the end of the day. Not so anymore. I hope this isn't the beginning of a new trend for the Disney resorts.

I loved the old lounge! On our first trip, we would take DD (then 2) in her stroller, set the portable DVD on the table, and let her watch some TV while DH and I enjoyed a cocktail or 2. It was always so nice and quiet there...