PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones

Not2Loud
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I just can't believe Andruw got $36 million for 2 seasons from the Dodgers!

Melanie
12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I can't either!

Scar
12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
What is it you guys don’t believe? The amount? The length? That the Dodgers offered it? That he accepted it?

I actually think it is a good deal for both sides. If he didn’t have such a mediocre year, he would have been looking for 7 years for at least $15M per. Now he gets 2 years at $18M per and has two years to prove he can be worth it. If he can, he’ll still be able to get 4 or 5 more years of a big contract, if not, well he still got 36M.

The Dodgers needed a center fielder and a big bat. They’re hoping he can be the old Andruw Jones (see above as to why they think he can be) and if he’s not, well then they only have to pay his salary for one more year after this.

Good deal on both sides.

bwk99
12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
If Torri Hunter would have signed for 15 mil, Jones would have got 2 years, 30 mil. Hunter set the bar..

This is big upgrade for the Dodgers, especially on defense.

It was nice of Scott Boras to throw in the .2 at the end of that 36 mil.. The .2 assures Jones of being the highest paid centerfielder in MLB. Torri Hunter got 18 mil per year. Now Jones gets 18.1 mil per year...

Mackflava99
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Supposedly Joe Torre wanted Jones- he knows the value of defense-
I only hope Jones doesnt continue the downward hitting trend

IloveDisney71
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
As a Braves fan, I was so sorry to see Jones go. I'm not a Braves fanatic, but I loved to watch Jones play. I've about given up on the Braves...since most of my favorite players have been traded away. :(

Jared
12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Considering Scott Boras' history, I'm not surprised about the figures of Andruw Jones' contract. Boras does not let his clients sign a one-year deal. Jones did have a surprisingly weak offensive season in 2007, especially for a contract year, but he is still one of the best defensive outfielders in the history of baseball. Having a top notch center fielder saves the pitching rotation, and Dodger Stadium has a nice big outfield for Jones to roam.

The National League is just so weak right now, that the Los Angeles Dodgers probably think they can compete for a World Series berth right away, and they're going to try with new manager Joe Torre. If Los Angeles somehow swings a deal for starting pitcher Erik Bedard, it may actually go places in 2008.