PDA

View Full Version : MUST I re-do ADR's???

Mysttree
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a question. I have worked REALLY hard making all the ADR's for our family's grand gathering. I have also had to re-do them b/c more people joined our gathering. So, I have them all done- again- when 3 more of our family have suddenly decided they want to join us! Now while I'm overjoyed to have my entire family- parents, adult siblings, niece, & nephews all going... but is it REALLY necessary to totally reschedule our ADR's to accomodate the extra 3? :confused:
We will be going from 13 to 16...
Here are our currrent plans
Sunday- Tuttu Italia 5 pm
Monday- Ohana's 5 pm
Wednesday- Boma 8 pm
Thursday- Yak & Yeti 2 pm
I could really use some guidance from those who are in the know-
TIA,

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes, unfortunately it is necessary to re-do them to be sure that your chosen restaurants have enough room to accommodate everyone in your group. I know it's a pain, but you'll have to do it if you all want to eat together.

PirateLover
12-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes you will have to re-do them. You might think it's just 3 extra people, but that could be a whole party in itself. With the rate at which the restaurants have been filling up, you cannot expect to be accommodated like that anymore. Sorry!

PrincessEmmasMommy
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
This past summer we had a party of 7, not quite a GG. My father, who lives in the Orlando area, decided after we made our ressies to come to dinner one night and meet up with us at the GF (which we reserved at 180 + 10 days). We tried to add him about a month before our trip and continued to try. It was not easy just to add 2 to our party of 7. They said 1 wouldn't have been a big deal because it was already going to be a table for 8. We finally had to call the restaraunt manager to get it taken care of. The managers at the restaraunts have much more power than reservations. Good luck!
Have fun!
Jen

TheRustyScupper
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
1) Yes, you need to re-do the ADR's.
2) You are adding a whole table to the numbers.
3) If you don't you might be disappointed.
4) They could easily be turned away at meal time.
5) That would cause more problems then the hassle of making new ADR's.

wendy*darling
12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Absolutely, you must do them over. :(

I know it's a pain, but you are not just adding one body to make an even number- this will require another table to be added.

And... I would let your family know that there will be no more additions. Speak now or forever hold your peace!
Let everyone know that when people change their minds, they are potentially jeopardizing the reservation/meal for everyone involved.

I understand that many people really don't "get it" when it comes to Disney and what seems to be the obsessive planning we all do. But that's the rules of the game.

I have organized groups of 36 and 50, and believe me, everyone knew the deadlines for joining in a meal. No exceptions. You have to be firm. :drill:

Kairi_7378
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Just keep reminding yourself that you are very lucky to have a large family that wants to share in your Magical vacation.
That being said, I have to agree with everyone that you have to re-do your ADR's. It may be better to ask the latecomers to pick one or two meals that they'd like to join you for instead of trying to change all 4 of them. You'll still have plenty of family time! Good luck!