PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: Deluxe dining plan

Sunshine1010
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I have printed out the 'official' guide for the Deluxe Dining plan from the official Walt Disney World site.

In reading it, it says.....quote: "GRATUITIES ARE NOT INCLUDED UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. An 18% gratuity will be added automatically for parties of 6 or more. A gratuity may also be added automatically for ordered items that are not included in the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages)."

Here is my confusion: The title is in capital letters. To me, that would seem as if they meant parties of 1, 2, or 6. But then afterwards, it states it's for only parties of 6 or more.

Can someone clarify this for me? For a party of 3, will the tips be 'billed' to me, or are they included in the Deluxe Dining Plan?

wendy*darling
12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
For a party of 3, the tips will NOT be included in your Deluxe DP. You will have to add that in yourself at the end of the meal.

If you were a party of 6 or more, they would add it in for you, but you would still have to pay it at the end of the meal.

Sunshine1010
12-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Another question.......will it come as a bill at the end of the meal?

TheDuckRocks
12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Another question.......will it come as a bill at the end of the meal?

That's a good question. I'm going to give them a call and see if I can get an answer.

TheDuckRocks
12-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Back with the answer. For parties of 5 or less you will not receive a "bill' for the 18% tip.
1) You will receive a bill that shows the total amount of what your DDP covered for food and anything you may have ordered that is not covered by the plan (wine with dinner, etc.)
2) The amount the DDP covered for food will be subtracted from that total leaving any balance you need to pay out of pocket.
3) If you are charging to your room or paying with a credit card there will be a line left blank (as with other restaurant credit card transactions) for you to enter the amount you decide to leave for a tip.
4) If you are paying cash you would just leave the total for any amount you need to pay out of pocket plus the tip you decide on.

I'm sure I'm probably making this sound way more complicated than it really is.:doh:

If you're still with me I'm going to show an example with nice even numbers so as not to confuse my poor old mind.

Deluxe DDP food ordered: $90.00
Wine oredered with meal: $10.00
Total bill: $100.00
(that's the number they want you to know so you use it to figure the tip)
Balance left for you to pay: $10.00
Tip added by you: $20.00
(CM Sally Jo did a nice job and you deceided to leave her 20%)
Total you pay: $30.00
(CM Betty Sue really sould be working at IHOP, didn't bring your appeitizers until you had your main course, couldn't get a refill on your coffee, spilled gravy all over your new blouse and didn't even say she was sorry. OK, even IHOP doesn't need this one. YOU DECEID that no tip would be fitting.)
Total you pay: $10.00

Sunshine1010
12-07-2007, 09:55 PM
So I still decide how much to leave?....or do they 'charge' me a certain percentage?

StayFLA
12-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the example. Tipping on the DDP and having it added on the DDE have me turning circles. I do not, however, want to be on the DDP and have to sit at my TS meal and get the reciepts to sign and then say; OK, how does this work, and how do I tip? I liked it included, and when the service was great, hand the waiter a $20 when you left, smile and say bye bye with a smile. Simplicity is key! At least now I know how to figure it out!

Ralph

Tigger&Stitch
12-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Sunshine, to answer your question, yes and no. :)

The example above by TheDuckRocks shows that you can choose how much you want to pay - WDW will not tell you how much nor automatically add it. So, it will be like any restaurant, except that you'll only be laying out cash (or charging to the room) for the cost of the tip.

For groups of 6 or more, the final bill will show the cost of the meal + 18% tip. I'm assuming they will (like the example above) reduce the final amount for all of the food ordered guests on the DDP plan, leaving the final amount due equal to the 18% tip.

So, an example - you have 10 people in your group, and all are on the DDP. Cost of food ordered is $300.

The bill would show $300 + $54 for the tip.
Balance for you to pay $54.

No figuring to do unless you want to pay more!

If you had really really horrible service, I would ask for the manager and try to reduce the amount of the tip.