PDA

View Full Version : New SpectroMagicMen

PeterPan
12-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the SpectroMagicMen changing? You know, the strange guys who you see first in SpectroMagic that ride on the balls? Or is there a thread somewhere else that covers this?

SBETigg
12-06-2007, 07:16 AM
There was a thread a while ago on this, yes. I don't remember specifically but I think they were changing the costumes from masked heads to something different for the ease and comfort of the performers.

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
When we were there in August, we saw both versions on 2 different nights. The new version has maskless, painted faces. Personally, I thought they were uglier and creepier than the masked ones! This was a thread somewhere along the way that discussed this topic a while back.

laprana
12-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Man, I hope they change them! I wouldn't be upset at all if they got rid of them all together! They're just too creepy. They always remind me of the clown from the Steven King movie "It." That movie gave me nightmares for years!! :eek:

NJBelle
12-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh I like those guys! I hope they don't change. They've always been one of my favorite things about that SpectroMagic.

Aggie97
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
We watched SpectroMagic on two different nights last week. During both parades, the "men" were not wearing masks -- they were wearing white and blue make-up.

I did really prefer the masked men. My husband pointed out that with the non-masked faces, it is more apparent that the trumpeter men are not actually playing the trumpets - they are just holding them up in front of their faces. With the masks, they could hold them in their mouth openings, so it looked a little better. :mickey: