PDA

View Full Version : If you had only one ADR...

jenfriend
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM
We're planning on mainly eating CS, but want to do 1 restaurant. We are bringing 3 girls (10, 8, 4). Which restaurant would you recommend?
1900 Park Fare (character), Ohanas, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree Tavern or another choice?

tHANKS.

VAdizneefan
12-05-2007, 09:48 PM
We just did Park Fare last week with my DD (3) and niece (4). The menu has changed a lot since we ate there last December and so have the characters. For dinner, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Anastacia, Drusilla and the wicked stepmother are there. I think the character change was an improvement (used to have mice instead of the stepsisters/mother) but the menu wasn't as good. (Still good just not as food, food is a little weirder.) I can tell you though that my daughter and niece were a little bit scared of the stepsisters at first and they never did warm up to the stepmother. They really hold their characters well. The stepsisters there when we were did a GREAT job though in their roles and were hilarious.

I liked Chef Mickey's but felt a little rushed there. I've never done Liberty Tree or Ohana's so I can't comment on them.

We also just tried the Princess dinner at Norway in Epcot and surprisingly enough, the food was really good and the characters were plentiful. We saw Belle when we went in and then Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella and Aurora came by our table. I'd say try that one if you're looking for something that would please a group of younger girls.

Another choice I'd offer for a character meal is Crystal Palace? The food is great and I think most people like the Pooh group of characters.

I could go on and on about the non-character meals...
:blush:

Kidsmom
12-05-2007, 09:52 PM
My kids (4 & 6 boys and 8 &10 girls) favorites are Chef Mickey for character meal and Chef de France non-character (which DH and I love too!)

Good Luck!

Mickey 101
12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Perhaps you could check the menus in Info Central to help you decide, as well as whether you want a character meal or not. Our family and others I've recommended really like 'Ohana. The food is great and there are hula lessons and coconut races during dinner, which makes it a fun atmosphere for kids. There's also a nice view of the castle from some tables. Have a great trip!! :mickey:

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 08:32 AM
We've eaten at all the places you mentioned within the last 2 years. This is my assessment of each:

1900 Park Fare (character) - we did dinner - food was good, characters were good, DH was sick so a bit hard to enjoy fully
'Ohana - character breakfast was our worst recent dining experience, food was good but waited over an hour for characters and left without seeing them all
Whispering Canyon - fun but food was just okay - a bit disappointed in our food selections
Chef Mickey's - we've done both breakfast and dinner and loved both, often very crowded and noisy
Liberty Tree Tavern - we love the character dinner here - think Thanksgiving dinner

DD8 gives a thumbs up to all of the above and also recommends the Princess Storybook Dining, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Tony's, Sci-Fi, and San Angel Inn. She also liked Donald's Breakfastosaurus but I'm not sure what the new venue is like.

LibertyTreeGal
12-06-2007, 09:07 AM
I've done everything but 1900 Park Faire, O'Hanas and LTT lunch I did just last week and wouldn't really recommend either. O'Hanas was awful and LTT has slipped terribly. I did not like CM when I was there in 2006, WCC was just fine. So I'd probably recommend Park faire, sight unseen, compared to the others

brownie
12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
With the younger kids, I'd opt for Chef Mickey's, although my own preference would be Ohanas.

KarenP
12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I think with the ages of the girls you might be best off doing Chef Mickey's. It should be a lot of fun for them However, as far as food goes my recommendation would be 'Ohana.

Jared
12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
The three little girls would love a special character meal, and Chef Mickey's is probably the most popular option.

If you're looking for something a little quieter, try Liberty Tree Tavern. I think the food is considerably better than that of any of the traditional buffets like Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare.

Of the restaurants you listed, my absolute favorite is 'Ohana for dinner, but it is not a character meal.

King Triton
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
If you asked me this a few years ago, when the kids were younger, I'd have said Chef Mickey's.

Now, I'd go with O'hana.

(By the way, we did go to Chef Mickey's this past summer and I thought the food was much better than it had been in the past)

jakeybake
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Off of your list I would choose 1900 Park Fare. The atmosphere is fun and geared towards kids and the food is fantastic for a buffet.

That being said, if I had to choose any place at all, not just your list I would choose Cape May Cafe.

The food is excellent and original (the only clam bake in WDW that I'm aware of) and the atmosphere is fun and whimsical. I have a DS (9) and a DD (6). They are always well behaved when we are out to eat but they could be louder and more rambunctious here since the atmosphere was geared towards kids.

Plus after you eat you can walk around the beautiful Beach Club Resort or head over to the Boardwalk or Epcot to work off those calories!!

Best of luck!
Jay

DawsonAR
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
With the age of your kids, I would do Chef Mickey's.

tinksmom02
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
With the ages of your girls, I would suggest Chef Mickeys. 1900 is great for characters, but the food selections at CM is better for kids, I think. We did breakfast at Crystal Palace, which was very good, we thought, but not sure how into pooh bear your kids are?

My non-character choice would be Ohana's, without a doubt. I think most kids would enjoy it, even without characters!

mouselover93
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
oh liberty tree tavern was delicous i would eat there everyday if i could. the cast members there were nice. the settin was nice. if u get a good enough time u can c the parade. the food was delicous. there was nothing i wanted 4 desert on the adult menu so they gave me an adult sized portrion desert from the kids menu. i would definitly recommend this resturant:mickey::number1::)

DDuck66
12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
That would be a hard decision but I would go for dinner at LTT. Great food and we have always had good character interaction. If you are just after food, we always like Whispering Canyon.

AdventurerKim
12-18-2007, 01:39 PM
1. Cape May Cafe
2. O'Hanas
3. Liberty Tree Tavern

diz_girl
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Another vote for 'Ohana for dinner. The food is really good and they get the kids involved with activities. You also get served very quickly, since it's a fixed menu that is served family-style. Plus, if possible, you can see the fireworks from the beach either before or after dinner. You can also take a monorail ride for fun.

goofysbabe
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
My kids loved Whispering Canyon, but if your looking for characters then I say go with Chef Mickey's - great food & fun characters!