PDA

View Full Version : How long for meals?

Harkleroad
12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
We will arrive on the 15th and leave on the 21st of Dec. I have planned mostly buffet - Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and Hollywood and Vine. My question is about how long should I expect the seating and meal to take (generally speaking)? I will have my DS (20 months) and he has now decided he doesn't need to sit down EVER. Well maybe not ever, but pretty close to it. I planned most dinner meals around 5:00. So would it be safe to say times in the area of one to one & 1/2 hours? Thanks.

VAdizneefan
12-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd say your time guess of 1hr to 1.5 hrs is about right for those places. They usually tell you that the characters make their rounds in about an hour so if you wanted to see all of them, you'd be there about an hour. Otherwise, you could see who you wanted, eat and leave in however short of a time you wanted to take. I have found though that once you get in the restaurant and they start looking for the characters and waiting for them to get to your table, the kids tend to settle down a little bit and want to stay there. I just got back from a trip with my DD (3) and niece (4) and they both easily handled the character meal times. My DD's first trip was at 15 mos then again at 2 and 2.5 and all of the times we've done the character meals, we've spent about the hour to hour and a half. Have fun!!

tennantsrwe
12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Hi!
I agree with the estimate of 1-1 1/2 hours for your meals. Hopefully with the characters and the overall atmosphere your DS will be so interested he won't realize he's sitting, lol! I know with the ADR they tell you to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your ressie but most places you check in at the podium and then you can hang in the general area of the restuarant and still hear the P.A. system. It's not like you've got to stand, or sit, in the hostess area. Hope this helps!

kakn7294
12-06-2007, 08:44 AM
The great thing about buffets is that once you are seated, you can pretty much set your own timetable. I'd say that 1 - 1 1/2 hrs is a good estimate. You've picked a pretty popular timeframe for family dining, so expect the restaurants to be somewhat crowded. And don't worry, you son won't be the only excited child who won't want to sit!

busterthebronco
12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
i allways count one hour for a meal.
1 1/2 seems long.

Speedy1998
12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
If you are willing not to see all the characters, you can do it in less than an hour, but if you plan on seeing all the characters it will take an hour to an hour and a half. Meals without characters usually do not take as long.

PeterPan
12-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I also think you can plan on an hour and a little more. However (as everyone will tell you) this can vary GREATLY. Last time we ate at Whispering Canyon (never again, by the way!) it took TWO and a HALF hours! Never again! Mamma Melrose was not far behind at 2 hours 10 minutes. BUT Liberty Tree Tavern - one hour 10 minutes. So it averages out, I guess.