PDA

View Full Version : food & wine decorations

drhama
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know how long before the Food & Wine Fest the decorations are done? We were there 2 weeks prior and found many totally blank planters. As I am a gardener, this was most disappointing. We are going back again in Sept. and hope we don't hit the transitional time again.

centralohio disneyfan
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Not sure whaqt you are asking as the Food and Wine Festival ended on Nov 11, I believe. If you were there a couple of weeks ago, I am sure that most of the Christmas Decorations were up.

drhama
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry for not being clear. What I actually was wondering was, when in September does Disney complete the decorating for the F&W Fest.? When we were there in the middle of Sept. there were many areas cleared of all plantings in preparation for the new decorations. Just wondering how long that process takes. One of the things I really look forward to is the beautiful plantings and would like to plan to be there when those were all in place but can only travel in Sept.

DizneyRox
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm going to imagine that much of the cost cutting and such has really had an impact on the ground keepers. In years past, it was unusual for find a bare planting area ever, regardless of it being a transitional period.

Lately, I've seen overgrown bushes, uncut grass, and even "gardeners" ripping apart planting beds in broad daylight.

I'd imagine that taking many of them apart at a time is a streamlining procedure that must have been put in place to make up for cut budgets or something like that. It's sad, I totally understand your dissappointment. I think it's just a fact of life now.

drhama
12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I really don't understand Disney needing to impliment cost cutting measures. Never the less, it is very sad to hear that my experience with the naked beds is not an uncommon occurence. Yet another loss of the magic.

DizneyRox
12-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I really don't understand Disney needing to impliment cost cutting measures. Never the less, it is very sad to hear that my experience with the naked beds is not an uncommon occurence. Yet another loss of the magic.
Cost cutting without reducing prices = higher profits, which Wall Street likes. Simple math...

The good news is that as more and more people notice this, it's possible we're reaching the point where they will stop. Unfortunately, that only means they will look elsewhere for more ways to save a nickle.

BugeyedMuggy
12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
We were there the week b-4 the food & wine fest into the first weekend of the event. During the week it was not finished they were just putting it together. By Thurs it was done. They had a soft opening on Fri. and all the flowers were in place.

mcjaco
12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Considering the time of this visit was between the Flower and Garden Fest, and Food and Wine, I'd assume they were taking out the plantings of the F&G and replanting for F&W.