PDA

View Full Version : When do you book?

smitman1426
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
How far out does everyone book their DVC stays? We seem to book ours right at 11 months out for our home resort or 7 months out for any other. Are we crazy or is this common among DVCers?

Maleficent's Dad
12-04-2007, 09:39 PM
We've booked as early as 11 months, and as late as 1-2 days!!!

It varies with our needs.
The flexibility of DVC is what makes it so great! :thumbsup:

vizsla
12-05-2007, 05:44 AM
We always book from 8 to 11 months out. We have a lot of obstacles to work around when booking our trips. DW has limited vacation time, and we try to pick a time when DD won't miss to many school days, and that she doesn't miss no more than one gymnastics competition.

disneycouple2004
12-06-2007, 05:30 PM

The flexibility of DVC is what makes it so great! :thumbsup:

same here !!
:thumbsup::ditto:

tinkerbell04
12-06-2007, 06:31 PM

The flexibility of DVC is what makes it so great!

Us too! :mickey: I booked a room at the BW one August and checked in the same day :)

Horizon93
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Well, I have only booked 2 so far. One three months in advance and one pretty much at 11 months. We are always so eager to go back, I see us always around the 11 month window. But a last minute decision is always a possibility!

pox24
12-07-2007, 07:57 AM
We find it to be kind of a **** shoot. For early 2008 we got what we wanted last month. On other occasions just a few weeks in advance, other times we are wait listed. I found that its helpful to be informed on local or national events being held here in Fla. for determining times to go. We thought about driving up Feb 16th for a weekend. because its the Daytona 500 and President's weekend nothing was open. Third week in Jan 08 was gone because of the warm up to the Boston or NY marathon. That's held at WDW that week end. So you see it sometimes is unpredictable. However, since we have been members we have really never have been disppointed with what we have requested.

c&d
12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
For April vacation I always book at the 11 month window. I've also called about a month before and found a place.

DisneyGiant
12-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I always book exactly 11 months to the day of our checkout.

Then on 7 months to the day of checkout, I call and try to switch to the Boardwalk or Beach Club.

So far, this has worked every time (first time we were waitlisted during Food & Wine Festival, and we were eventually able to switch).

We do this because we always decide right after our vacation when the next time will be.

So far, I haven't done any inpromptu trips......

FiggyFan
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
We book as early as possible - 11 months for our annual August trip (7 months if we want a "non-home" resort). We have never booked less than 5 months ahead - planning is half of the fun!

Aero
12-08-2007, 11:01 AM
We book SSR ("home") as soon after the 11-month line as we know our dates. Then, if we want to switch, we'll call again 7 months from our checkout date.

Right now, we're well inside of 11-months for our next trip (August), but we're waiting (and waiting) to hear yes or no from a couple of our DD's friends we invited. Arrgh.

- Aero

MarkC
12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
We booked our first trip nine months out for a stay at the Beach Club the 2nd week of August. I was worried that we would already be too late to get a one bedroom but had no problems whatsoever. I doubt we would have that same luck less than 7 months out. Mark