PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Not allowed to drive into FW if staying at other resorts

AuntLaura
12-04-2007, 08:55 PM
FYI: We have stayed at FW on multiple occasions. When we stay at the BCV's, however, I always enjoy driving over to FW to catch the camper's Christmas decorations and just briefly visit the Meadows Trading Post to get a FW "fix". I've done this on 3 prior trips. Have also read the posts of other Intercot Guests who have done the same. FYI: No longer. We were staying at the BCV last week. I went there one night and was refused entry. We were told we were not allowed to drive into FW but had to park in the overflow area and take the bus down to the Meadows. Unfortunately, you can't really get a good look at the camper's decorations from the bus. I called Security and talked to the manager to ask him about this. He said this was their policy all along and he apologized that we were ever allowed to drive into FW. http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/frown2.gif

WDWdriver
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Yep. It's been that way for at least several years now. Vehicle access to FW is limited to registered guests. The policy is for security, of course, but also due to the fact that there are almost no parking spots available. I'm surprised that you were able to drive in on previous occasions.

The policy applies only to vehicles though. So, as you said, visitors can enter the campground on one of the internal buses. We sometimes enter via bus, then get off and stroll around some of the loops to see the Christmas decorations and catch the campfire show. It's a very relaxing way to visit FW.

faline
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I've been going to Fort Wilderness for years and, to my knowledge, this was always the policy.

ibrowse17
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
:ditto:

As long as I can remember that has been the rule. Driving only for registered campers, and then only for travel outside of FW. There is almost no parking at all inside FW, outside of a couple of spaces at the Meadow Trading Post. It keeps the loops more safe and secure:thumbsup: