PDA

View Full Version : Walt's Birthday.....

berri_boo
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Tomorrow (Dec 5th) is Walt's Birthday...does the MK (or any other park) do anything special? We are currently down in :mickey:WDW:mickey: and I was just wondering if anything was done to celebrate his birthday. Thanks!

kakn7294
12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Nothing that we saw last year - and we were at MK on that day. I was disappointed - it was never even mentioned by a single CM all day.

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 08:45 PM
:birthday: to one of my heroes

Ohhohohhhh*ItsMagic
12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Kudos to that! He's a hero of mine too. Cheers to Walt!!!
Thank you Walt, for all of you have given us!:party:

Marilyn Michetti
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
OH MY GOSH Thank you for this thread. Tomorrow is also DD's 34th, and I totally wasn't remembering.

We were down at MGM on Walt's 100th, and they pulled out all the stops. Unfortunately, it fell just three months after 9-11, and the parks just weren't that crowded. It was really neat. I still have our birthday hats.:mickey:

jray21
12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
They should really do something for his birthday! It should be a big deal across the entire company!

EPCOT84
12-04-2007, 11:56 PM
:birthday: to Uncle Walt. Let's spread some pixie dust :tink: wish for a great day :smickey:, enjoy Disney memories:balloon:and have Mickey Bar in his honor! :bar:

Party !!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Don't worry folks - I've taken to note that when I am in control, I will celebrate Walt's Birthday every year!!

Ah, it's great to dream big.

Happy Birthday to the man who inspires me in everything I do.

berri_boo
12-05-2007, 08:10 AM
You would think that at least the Magic Kingdom would do something in his honor! I mean....the Magic Kingdom was his "baby" - he just didn't see it come to fruition!!!

:nono: Shame on the Disney Company for not honoring the man that came up with all of this for us to enjoy for years to come.

We are still going to take a quick stop at the MK today just to see if anything will be done! I'll let you all know - either later today or when I return home from my trip on Sunday (Dec 9th).

Thanks guys!

Not2Loud
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Happy Birthday to the man who had the courage and fortitude to follow dreams no one else understood but so many have benefitted from!

DrivingSideways
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I wish it was at least mentioned in the parks, ya know?

Happy Birthday, Walt! I'll be thinking of you when I blow out the candles later today! :mickey:

bleukarma
12-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Happy Birthday Walt!!! Thank you for everything you have done and all the joy you have brought to so many peoples lives!!!

Ditto to my best friend, its her birthday today too!!!:mickey:

Main Street Jim
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
A LOT of Cast here at the park today wore the Birthday buttons with "Walt" or "Walt Disney" on them. Unfortunately, a lot of guests were asking, "Who's Walt?":confused::confused:....and so did a LOT of Cast that had absolutely no idea....LOLOL

Speedy1998
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of guests were asking, "Who's Walt?":confused::confused:....and so did a LOT of Cast that had absolutely no idea....LOLOL

Unfortunately, I think that is a problem that is becoming more and more prevelent. I personnaly think that the Disney company needs to start putting old episodes of the Wonderful World of Color on, to introduce younger generations to Uncle Walt.

SpecJoe Magic
12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
It's a shame that some people don't know anything about Walt Disney himself. I think it's odd how people can visit a place named after him and not realize that he was a real person. I think that the Disney company should do more to recognize Walt for his accomplishments. I would also like to see Roy get more attention as well because he was very instrumental in the development and completion of WDW, but that's a long shot that probably won't happen.

magicofdisney
12-08-2007, 05:08 PM
A LOT of Cast here at the park today wore the Birthday buttons with "Walt" or "Walt Disney" on them. Unfortunately, a lot of guests were asking, "Who's Walt?":confused::confused:....and so did a LOT of Cast that had absolutely no idea....LOLOL

I find that hard to believe...:rolleyes:

lindique
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I was in two parks on Walt's Birthday this week, and didn't see any CM's wearing buttons. I even made sure to go to see "One Man's Dream" at the Studios - and the CM didn't say a thing about it being his birthday. I was very disappointed.

kakn7294
12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of guests were asking, "Who's Walt?":confused::confused:....and so did a LOT of Cast that had absolutely no idea....LOLOLDH and I were discussing this thread and DD Megan - who's just turned 8 - overheard and butted in with "you mean Walt Disney?" so all hope is not lost! There is a future generation - fueled by us here on Intercot - that do know who Walt is!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
My friends and I all went to MK on Dec 5 and we made sure our first stop was City Hall to get b-day buttons that said Happy Birthday Walt.

Several (and by several, I mean the vast majority) of CM's I passed was like..."You don't look like a Walt...who is he?"

And I just stared at them in disbelief before replying "He's the reason you have a job." I had to explain to almost every other CM that it was for Walt Disney.

Cinderella on the other hand thought it was a great way to commemorate Walt's life. Mickey and his photopass photographer loved it (and Mickey made me guess how old Walt would have been and how old he would be turning too). And of course, the man himself wanted to know where his button was - Walt Disney from DDCT parade when we yelled "Happy Birthday Walt" to him.

We then proceeded to wear the buttons for the next two days following.

But yes, I agree that it's a little bit sad that people don't remember Walt. I started to cry when I was sitting by the Partners statue, listening to a mother explain who the man holding Mickey's hand was and the girl shrugged and was like, "Oh I don't like Walt Disney, just Mickey."