PDA

View Full Version : Entry to DCA

JabberJaws
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, I know that this has been discussed before, but I searched some of the old threads and was still a bit confused.

I know there is a special entrance to DCA in the Grand Calif. Is this entrance open to all Disney on-site resort guests, or JUST GC guests.

We are staying in the PPH, and was wondering if we could use this entrance or not.

Thanks!

Miss Mouse
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't know the official policy on this, but we have never had a problem using the Grand Californian entrance (and we stay off property when we visit). Staying at the PPH, I don't think you should have any trouble at all.

NotaGeek
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
The Park Entrance at the GCH is reserved for guests of the DLR resort, so guests at all 3 hotels are allowed to use the entrance by showing your hotel key. Non-hotel guests are in fact allowed to use the entrance at times (this seems to depend on the time of the day and the Cast Member working the entrance), but I have seen them turn many people away as well. However, if you are leaving DCA to eat at one of the GCH restaurants and are staying off-property you can renter DCA using the hotel's entrance to the park.

*tinker_belle*
12-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I really don't know how strict they are about this rule seeing as how this entrance is sort of hidden and not many people know about it. We had no problem getting in after we dined at Rainforest. It was quicker and easier. I've never seen anyone be turned away but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Lucky for you, your staying on property!

BrerGnat
12-04-2007, 11:05 PM
My experience with this is that they are more strict about it RIGHT at park opening time. Otherwise, pretty much anyone can go in and out.

The OFFICIAL policy is that guests of the three DLR hotels are allowed to use this entrance.

I also think that the official policy is that ANYONE can use it to exit DCA...I can't see how they would deny people the chance of having them spend money eating in the resort or shopping there. I've used it both as a DLR hotel guest and not, and haven't ever been turned away. BUT, when we used it right at part opening when we WERE hotel guests, they did ask to see the little hotel i.d. card you get at check in.

Miss Mouse
12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
My experience with this is that they are more strict about it RIGHT at park opening time. Otherwise, pretty much anyone can go in and out.

I meant to include this in my post. I think that the only time non-resort guests would have a problem using the entrance to GET INTO the park is first thing in the morning, right when the park is opening. For exiting the park and for re-entry throughout the day I don't think it really matters whether you are a DL Resort guest or not.

Given that you will be staying at one of the three resort properties I don't think that you should have any difficulties using the entrance at any point during your trip.

JabberJaws
12-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys! Looks like we will be going through the GCH on our DCA day (DCA only gets one day on our trip!)