PDA

View Full Version : Who to trust?

cer
12-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I have reservations at 50's Prime Time Cafe for Feb 2. The information shown on this website and another I use is showing Prime Time Cafe as being closed for refurbishment through Feb 2. The folks at Disney Dining are telling me that they are not showing it to be closed at all. My question (which I admit may be silly) is, who should I trust? Is it possible that Disney Dining is wrong?

Also, this is my first time to post on any discussion board ever. Please forgive if I am posting in the wrong place, I just am new to all this.

Thanks!

Figment!
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT :hi: , Glad you are here :)

All of the information posted in the rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central comes from Walt Disney World Operations.

As of 12/2/07, Operations has not changed the closure dates scheduled for the Prime Time Cafe. Should they release an updated schedule we will update our listing as well.

We can not speak towards the current state of the Dining Reservation system nor how the reservationist you spoke with was accessing it.

ToDisney
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
:welcome: :mickey:

I don't know how many people you've spoken to at Disney Dining. But sometimes it helps to call back and talk to another Cast member. One may know something or check into something differently than another.
I changed an ADR the other day and had a terrible time with a CM because she wouldn't tell me what times were available, she just kept asking "well when would you like to come?" Did that mean all day was open?:laughing: I gave her a time frame, but she was still hard to deal with.
Although we settled on a time, my family wasn't pleased. I called back later, reached someone else and it went more smoothly.

I hope your plans work out!
3 Days til Disney

Ian
12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I can tell you that our information comes directly from Disney's media relations site. They've never been wrong, that I'm aware of, but the run-of-the-mill staff at Disney seems to always be the last to know anything.

I'd assume it's going to be closed and call back to speak with a manager.

Knighten1
01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
We are going to WDW Jan 26-31.
I just got off the phone with the Dining people and was informed that 50's Prime Time would be open the day of our reservation(28th), so take that for what it is worth. We are keeping our reservations for that day but will probably recheck once we get there just to make sure.
Have a Magical Day.:mickey:

Airblue1
01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I also saw the same info and have called several times and spoken with several folks at Disney Dining and they give me the same answer that it is going to be open. I just called again and same answer.:mickey:

Figment!
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Folks, this item has been removed from the rehab list for at least over a month.

As was stated above, if Operations removed the rehab from their updates we would remove it from our list.

Operations did remove it from their updates and at-that-time we immediately removed it from our list.