PDA

View Full Version : Crowds 12/15-12/20?

MissMouse
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I have used this board for many years to help with my planning. But this is the first time I've posted.

We are booked at Pop Century from 12/15-12/20 & I had read that this was a good time to go before the Christmas Crowds got in. However I just checked & noticed that Pop plus most of the All Stars & Deluxes are COMPLETELY booked.

Do you think this means big crowds? Either way we're extremely excited. I was just hoping for reasonable crowds.

ibrowse17
12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Intercot. The first couple of weeks in Dec are great, but it tends to get much more crowded the closer you get to Christmas. Many of the different room-only discounts run all the way to the 23rd, which is my guess why those are full. In saying all that, we will be there 19-23 Dec, so I hope it will not be that bad. Have a great time:thumbsup:

McGoofy
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't think it will be too bad. Many kids are still in school during that time. However, then you have folks like me that are letting their kid miss the last day of school before Christmas break. Our family will be there 12/18 - 12/22. We were there in 2003 and stayed until 12/24. It didn't start getting really bad until 12/23. That was four years ago, so who knows what it is like now. No matter what, it will be lots of fun!! Be ready to get your fastpasses!!:mickey:

GBBT
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
We'll be there Dec.17-23 and usually go the week after Christmas.So here's hoping the week before is not AS crowed.:D

GBBT
12-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Oops! :blush:crowded:blush: Wheee!!!!!!!

Sharon1026
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
We've gone before Christmas and have great luck withlower crowds. It really picks up on Christmas and the following week. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Please report back and let us know how the crowds were.

It's a great to take in the decorations, and the weather is wonderful!

dolphinmickey9170
12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
:hi::wave:MissMouse, :welcome:to Intercot. We will be there the same dates as you, maybe we'll see you there. We are also hoping for smaller crowds before the big holiday rush. Have a fun and safe trip.

Here we go again...
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
We were there a couple of years ago at that same time. It was crowded, but the lines for the rides were not bad.

Remember to take it slow and enjoy all Disney has to offer at Christmas time. There is so much more to see and do at the resorts it is unbelievable. You have to visit each of the resorts to see the decorations... WOW!
The bell ringers and carolers at Wilderness Lodge were amazing.

I think that you have so many people taking in the sights at the resorts that the parks seem less crowded. We did all of the rides and things we wanted to do early so that when the crowds rolled in we were enjoying the shopping and people watching.

danyele128
12-04-2007, 11:13 PM
We went two years ago during the week before xmas and it was awesome. We never even waited any longer than 20 minutes for anything except Soarin. Also it didn't begin to pick up until the 24th. We are going again in a couple of weeks, the 17-21 and I can only daydream about and hope that it will be as perfect as it was before. We are absolutely hooked on this time of year. My husband even wants to hang around till xmas day next time.

starflyer59
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
We will be there Dec 22-26th and staying at POP. This will be our first trip with our 2yr old.

Volunteer
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
we stayed last year dec 16th-20th and the wait times weren't bad at all. It was crowded, but peaceful. If that makes sense :)

Zippy_D_DooDah
12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
We were there last year (Dec 17-22). It was a little crowded on Sunday at MK, but the first part of the week was great. Then the crowds started building on Thursday. When we left on Friday, MK was a madhouse.

We will be heading down next Friday (12/14), stopping in Savannah to pick up my mom, and arriving on the 15th. We are only staying through Tuesday. It's just a quick trip that we were lucky enough to squeeze in. This will be my family's first MVMCP. Can't wait!!!

Happy Holidays!

McGoofy
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
It appears that we are creating the crowds!;) Looks like a lot of us will be there at the same time! Anybody else going to wear an Intercot t-shirt?:mickey:

See ya in 12 days!! :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
12-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow - there are a lot of us going. I'm going with my family from the 15th - 20th. We will be staying at the Poly.
I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad, but I've been during July...so I figure it couldn't be too much worse crowd level wise - at least it won't be HOT! :mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Anybody else going to wear an Intercot t-shirt?:mickey:

Oooooooo... if I order one today ya think it will arrive before we leave next Friday?

If not, I'm easy to spot. Really tall, short hair, & I'll have my wife, mom, and 2 daughters in tow (3 & 2). They both like POTC so we will be in that area a lot. I answer to the name "Tripp."

disneymom2000
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I will be there from the 14th to the 20th. I hope I see someone there from the boards. I don't have an intercot shirt but I am thinking about going this weekend to the mall and having my intercot name put on a shirt and maybe a picture of my avatar. If anyone sees me, just wave.:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
We will be there as well from the 15th to the 21st.:mickey: The crowds should be very manageable but picking up by the end of the week as crowds come in for Christmas.:thumbsup:

disneydoug
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I think we intercotees must be the crowd.

We are arriving the 15th and departing the 19th for a quick trip. My job just announced that the chemical plant is closing, but we are going anyway.
The chemical plant next to ours called and offered me a job. God is good!

Doug