PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP parade???

ToDisney
12-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I know that the Christmas parade dduring the MVMCP is usually meant for daylight hours. Because of this is there a "good" and a "best" place to view the parade, where it will have more lights??
I haven't been in 8 years and I don't remember much. But I know we were in front of the castle I think around Casey's and all of my pictures are pretty dark.

I've heard that the parade and the special Wishes are a "don't miss" event. Any other things at the party that I should make a note of??
Thanks!!

smitman1426
12-04-2007, 02:09 PM
We have always had good luck over near Liberty Square just before the parade goes over the bridge towards the castle. It seems that our pictures come out better there and it is usually not that crowded there.

mickeymousedabomb
12-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Hello! We just went to the MVMCP on the 29th. Fun Fun Fun! We watched the parade in Frontierland near the porch by the Country Bears. We wanted to see it mainly there b/c our plan was to do Big Thunder after it was over. So we stayed at the place where it began. We had a wonderful view of the parade and we always have the DD's squeeze in front of us close to the ropes. I'm not sure if there is a bad place to be to view the parde really. The party was alot of fun and the fireworks display was waesome!! Have a great time we wish we were still there!

mainstreet1997
12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
The other night we had dinner at Pecos Bills in Frontierland. The parade runs twice on Christmas Party nights. The first time, from Frontierland to Mainstreet the second time from Mainstreet to Frontierland. Try getting a seat at Pecos Bills outside as close as you can get to the fence about a half an hour before the parade.

Have fun!

JPL
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
For actual viewing the parade being shown at night is not an issue except when it comes to taking pictures since they usually come out on the dark side with most consumer digital cameras. I would recommend seeing the parade on Main Street since the Disney Snow falling during the parade really adds a special touch to it. I would also suggest waiting until the 2nd showing of the parade as it is often less crowded than the early parade.

Mickey's Night Before Christmas at the Tomorrowland theater is a must see and so is Celebrate the Season the Castle Stage Show. I would concentrate on seeing the special offerings before attractions you didn't pay extra to ride attractions.

Aggie97
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
We watched the parade on Sunday night from Liberty Square, across from Sleepy Hollow. This usually is our favorite parade viewing spot. :)

I definitely would recommend going to the later parade -- it seemed significantly less crowded than the first parade of the evening.

Main Street Jim
12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
I know that the Christmas parade dduring the MVMCP is usually meant for daylight hours. I'm not quite sure what is meant by this, but for MVMCP, the parade, which is no longer "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade" (it's "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade"), runs at nighttime: 8:15pm and 10:30pm.
During the week of Christmas/New Year's, this parade will run for day guests twice a day, usually at 12:00pm and 3:30pm, with two SpectroMagic parades on those same nights as well.
As someone else has stated, the second nighttime parade for the Parties is a lot less crowded.

ToDisney
12-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Mickey's Night Before Christmas at the Tomorrowland theater is a must see and so is Celebrate the Season the Castle Stage Show. I would concentrate on seeing the special offerings before attractions you didn't pay extra to ride attractions.

Thanks, I'll be sure we catch these. That's exactlly what I needed to know.

I'm not quite sure what is meant by this, but for MVMCP, the parade, which is no longer "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade" (it's "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade"), runs at nighttime: 8:15pm and 10:30pm.
As someone else has stated, the second nighttime parade for the Parties is a lot less crowded.

Thank you too!
We can fit in the shows first and catch the second parade at 10:30!! Sounds like a plan.

What I ment about the parade, was that I had heard it was the same one that they filmed for the Christmas Day parade. So it was designed for the daytime. Just easier to see and take pictures of in the daylight. So unlike the SpectroMagic that is all lit up, and can be viewed basicly the same anywhere. I thought there might be a "brighter" area to take pictures from.
Sounds like I'll just enjoy the show and leave the pictures to the experts on this one.:blush:

cal5755
12-05-2007, 11:01 PM
We attended the MVMCP on 11/12. It was sooo much fun. I definately agree to do your shows and then catch the last parade. That is what we did. We stood right near the bridge in Liberty Square. I did both video and pictures and they came out great. I have to say the Mickeys Night Before Christmas in tomorrowland was our favorite show and I definately recommend it. After the last parade we were able to ride HM, IASMW, and PP with no waits at all. Have fun!!!

ToDisney
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
OH, MY!!!
I didnt even think about getting to ride HM !!!
We haven't seen it yet!
The kids will be so excited about that I'll have to hold them back until after the shows.:laughing:

3 days
I"M TO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!!

Taja
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I haven't seen this year's parade, but the ones I recall from 2003 and 2004 had lighted floats. I used a very simple 3MP camera (no flash) and had wonderful results. I did play with the settings a bit--sometimes regular worked better than nighttime--or not! :)

The only problem I had with my photos was the very tall gentleman who decided to stand next to me--as the parade approached. He was about 6'6" and kept sticking his very long arm in front of my camera to record the oncoming floats. Being on the short side, I consistently had an excellent view of his arm and had to keep asking him to move it! Worked for a minute or two, then wham! Out went the arm again!