PDA

View Full Version : Some questions...

Tigger&Stitch
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Looks like we'll be renting DVC points from a very good friend for our next trip. To complicate matters, we plan to split our trip - 7 nights at WL Villas, and 5 nights at BC Villas.

So, then, from reading previous posts, I know that:

1) We can request to use Magical Express (via our friend)
2) We can purchase the Disney Dining Plan (payment due when we arrive?)

Questions are:

1) We'll be there 13 days, so we plan on buying the 10 day tkts w/hopper + water parks, unless we can qualify for the UK/European 14-day tkts.

As we have typically done a package deal in the past, how/where is the best place to buy tickets? (I know we won't be able to use the DVC discount.)

Also, can the tickets be attached to our room keys, or will we have to carry them separately?

If we attach them to the first set of keys, can they transfer the unused tickets portion to the second resort/villa's keys?

2) Can anyone confirm that since we'll have two reservations that the dining plan will be attached to our room keys at each resort? So, we'll pay for 7 nights at the first resort/villas, and 5 nights at the 2nd?

3) Does anyone know if we'll be able to use the DVC discount for any special tours (such as Keys to the Kingdom)?

Thanks in advance!

wendy*darling
12-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you have a terrific trip planned!
:mickey:
I'll try to answer some of your questions.

1) We can request to use Magical Express (via our friend) Yes, the Member will have to make all of the arrangements. They will need your flight info.

2) We can purchase the Disney Dining Plan (payment due when we arrive?)Payment will be due at check-in at each resort. They will also have to arrange this for you. It must be "reserved" before you arrive, but you must pay at check-in.

1) how/where is the best place to buy tickets?
I suggest using INTERCOT Sponsor The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC) and using their Hotel Delivery Service. Read the info on their website to see if this would work for you.
Otherwise, I think you may have to do a search for more local sites to purchase tickets, as most of the sites here do not ship overseas. :(
I would contact a local travel agency for ideas as well.

Also, can the tickets be attached to our room keys, or will we have to carry them separately? Yes, but I advise carrying them separately since you are switching resorts. Less complicated to keep them separate. I had some issues with a few of my scouts who did this over the summer. Lots of problems with EMH, etc.

2) Can anyone confirm that since we'll have two reservations that the dining plan will be attached to our room keys at each resort? So, we'll pay for 7 nights at the first resort/villas, and 5 nights at the 2nd?True- they will be separate plans. The first one will expire at midnight of the day you check out, so you can use up the remaining credits even though your 2nd plan will have started. Maybe plan a signature dining ADR for one of the days.

3) Does anyone know if we'll be able to use the DVC discount for any special tours (such as Keys to the Kingdom)?No, you will not. The Member must present their DVC card to utilize special discounts- like tours, dining, shopping, etc. Those benefits are not extended to those renting points. In every other way- you will be treated as a DVC Member.

Have a blast!

Tigger&Stitch
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I realised I never said thank you for all the info! =)

:tigger:

wendy*darling
12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
You are quite welcome.
Hope it helped! :mickey: