PDA

View Full Version : Got cut off while booking ADRs!

deebee29
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Just phoned the dining line to book my ADRs. I was talking to a very helpful girl, but she had to put me on hold to verify something and then it kept putting me through the survey, wo the call was over. When I tried to call back, the dining line was closed for the night. Can't call back until tomorrow night:(!
As long as they gave me a reservation number, it is booked and confirmed right?

Here are my dining plans:
Sat, May 24 - Arriving, no dining plans
Sun, May 25 - The Plaza Restaurant
Mon, May 26 - No dining plans
Tues, May 27 - Le Cellier
Wed, May 28 - Fantasmic Dining Pkg (Hollywood and Vine)
Thurs, May 29 - California Grill
Fri, May 30 - Coral Reef
Sat, May 31 - Leaving, no dining plans

Am I leaving out any important ones? Would there be anything you would change? I have never tried any of these places.

I managed to book and get confirmation #'s for the Plaza, and Le Cellier.

May 29th is my birthday, and we hope to get a 9:30ish reservation so we can see the MK fireworks. Do I tell them about my birthday when I make the reservation? Am I allowed to request a window table?

Thanks everyone!

BugeyedMuggy
12-04-2007, 09:58 AM
As long as you have your res # your all set. I would recommend calling back and confirming just to be sure they are still there. We got one cancelled by a CM once and had to speak with a manager to get it back. It was for LeCellier and you know how hard those are to get.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Just phoned the dining line to book my ADRs. I was talking to a very helpful girl, but she had to put me on hold to verify something and then it kept putting me through the survey, wo the call was over. When I tried to call back, the dining line was closed for the night. Can't call back until tomorrow night:(!
As long as they gave me a reservation number, it is booked and confirmed right?

Here are my dining plans:
Sat, May 24 - Arriving, no dining plans
Sun, May 25 - The Plaza Restaurant
Mon, May 26 - No dining plans
Tues, May 27 - Le Cellier
Wed, May 28 - Fantasmic Dining Pkg (Hollywood and Vine)
Thurs, May 29 - California Grill
Fri, May 30 - Coral Reef
Sat, May 31 - Leaving, no dining plans

Am I leaving out any important ones? Would there be anything you would change? I have never tried any of these places.

I managed to book and get confirmation #'s for the Plaza, and Le Cellier.

May 29th is my birthday, and we hope to get a 9:30ish reservation so we can see the MK fireworks. Do I tell them about my birthday when I make the reservation? Am I allowed to request a window table?

Thanks everyone!
:) Any specific reasons for choosing the Plaza Restaurant? They only serve sandwiches and burgers and that type of food, for a table service meal I just wondered about that choice although I've been told their milkshakes and sundaes are pretty good. Have you considered Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace instead? Are you on any kind of dining plan or paying out of pocket?

SBETigg
12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
You'll have a view from almost anywhere at California Grill but not necessarily the best view of fireworks. You can request it and you should absolutely tell them it is your birthday. Please don't stress about the view, though. As great as the views are from inside the restaurant, they are even better from the observation platforms outside. They will tell you when to go out for viewing and help you plan around the fireworks schedule. In the event you have a great view from your table, that's great, too, but they are all about making sure you can enjoy the show no matter where you sit.

MsMin
12-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I was cut off making ressies one year and when I called back they couldn't find my reservation so they made a new one. I didn't have the # yet. However 30 days out I did receive the cancellation when I never paid for that reservation. Funny not one CM could find it in the system. I do believe the CM would save your ADR's. Sounds like a great plan.

deebee29
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I am thinking I will change the plaza restaurant reservation to Crystal Palace. I had chosen it simply because it was in the MK. Is there any restaurants that I don't have that I shouldn't miss? or any others you would change?

I will be on the dining plan, how many TS credits is it for crystal palace? Is there a place where you can see what restaurant are 2 TS Credits?

Thanks

deebee29
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
One more question, for the credit card guarantees, for California Grill, do they charge anything on the card, or is it only if you miss the reservation?

Also, is Hollywood and Vine good for the fantasmic pkg, or is mama melrose better?

SBETigg
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
One more question, for the credit card guarantees, for California Grill, do they charge anything on the card, or is it only if you miss the reservation?

Also, is Hollywood and Vine good for the fantasmic pkg, or is mama melrose better?

I'm pretty sure the California Grill only charges in the event of a missed reservation. I'm not fond of H & V and I haven't tried Mama Melrose, sorry. I do love Brown Derby.

If you're looking for a good meal with dining plan, I would skip all MK TS eateries, go quick service there ( or pay out of pocket for Crystal Palace or the Plaza), then use the credits for a good meal near the MK like Grand Floridian Cafe or 'Ohana, or maybe save for another 2TS meal at Narcoossee's or Artist Point. I don't find the MK TS restaurants all that good, or at least not a good value for the DP credits.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-05-2007, 09:42 AM
:mickey: Crystal Palace only takes one table service credit. I've never eaten at Hollywood and Vine, but I didn't care for Mama Melrose's. I've heard that the food has improved considerably though since 2005 which was when I ate there.