PDA

View Full Version : holiday baking

Mary Poppins
12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Was just wondering who has started baking. I started today and got ginger snaps done and some sugar cookies done. Still have a few more kinds of cookies to do and hope to get some tarts done this week as well. We'll see how much of it makes it to the freezer :)

:candy::stock::gift::snowman::deer::santa::tree:

disneydeb
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I plan to do some this weekend.

Wrigley
12-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I have started my baking as well!!!! Last week I made peppermint bark, ritz crackers with peanut butter in the middle dipped in chocolate, candy cane cookies, and pretzels dipped in chocolate. I still have my sugar cookies to make and several other goodies!! I love this time of year !:santa3:

caryrae
12-03-2007, 10:45 PM
My Wife, Mom, and Sister will do there cookie baking on the 15th this year. This has become a yearly tradition. They made a cook book with different kinds of xmas cookie recipes and even got aprons with there names on them. They will spend the whole day baking like 12 hours with breaks here and there. I think this year they plan on cutting down a bit on how much they make cause it is impossible to eat everything they make. They make cookies, breads, bars, fudge, even some kind nut mix.:ill:

IloveDisney71
12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
This week-end I made my cookie dough and then froze it so I can bake it closer to Christmas. I will be making my fudge and other candy this week-end. This year my trip to Disney has made me do things a little differently. I'm making my candy before we leave and my cookies when we get home. I only bake and make candy once a year and it always gets me in the Christmas spirit!

MsMin
12-04-2007, 12:00 AM
We got together and made 3 batches of pralines and one toffee. We have to do it when the humidity is down. I love it b/c it stores so well but more than half is gone already b/c we have some "helpers" :elf: here that help themselves.
I hope to make cookies closer to Christmas. Since we aren't going to WDW this year it will be the first time since 02 I could bake....

DizNee143
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
me and my sister always bake cookies with my dad...with us not living at home anymore..its kinda hard..but im going over dec 16th to bake cookies all day!! i cant wait!!

disneydrmr
12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm getting together with my sister and our friend this Saturday to make Buckeyes. Takes forever to roll them things. Then I'll try to find a moment to make my dh some No Bake Cookies that he has been asking for. And I might make some "Cheese Fudge" also.

Hey Wrigley - would you please post the recipe for the Peppermint Bark in the Cooking with Intercot thread? I LOVE Peppermint and that sounds pretty good!

Christine
12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm going to start next week. I'll make brownies and just before they're cooled, top them with red and green M&Ms. Then I cut them in to squares, bag em up, and send them to neighbors.

I don't like to keep much sweets in the house...I have zero self control! :blush: :secret:

tinkerbell04
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
We always make cookie day a family affair with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, sister and all the kids. This year, we have crazy schedules! We are going to Disney, my Aunt is having a cancerous tumor removed and we are running out of time before Christmas. We like to do it on a Sunday, so we are going to do Christmas Cookie Day on December 30th this year. We will have an after Christmas cookie celebration!:mickey:

tyandskyesmom
12-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I was wondering about this a few days ago.

We usually bake our heads off right befor ethe holiday and then miss out on other things.

So I was wondering if I could make a batch or two every weekend. And more improtantly, if I did, can I freeze the dough and cook them all right before the big day or should I cook them as we go and then freeze them?

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better? And either way, do they come out tastine fresh, as if they were just completely created?

Jenemmy
12-07-2007, 01:12 PM
A week from Monday is my bake day (12/17). I have 3 kids, but my middle son alone has about 10 teachers/bus drivers with his special ed program and I just CAN'T buy a gift for all of them. So, I do a baking extravaganza and give them all a personal cookie buffet. Then, I send a large tray in to dh's office and pass them out to neighbors as well. Here's my list of goodies this year...

1)Peppermint Snowballs
2)Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
3) Peanut Butter Fudge
4) Fantasy Fudge
5) Buckeyes
6) Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
7) Soft Sugar Cookies
8) Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
9) Thumbprint Cookies w/ Jam
10) Chocolate Thumbprints w/ kisses
11) Chocolate Mint Dreams
12) "My" special occassion Chocolate Chip Cookies

WHEW -- I'm already tired! My mom and a friend or two will be my little helper elves :secret: