PDA

View Full Version : SSR Dining

smitman1426
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Does anyone else think that they should have some other type of dining at SSR? The turf club and the artist pallet don't seem to be enough. The line was out the door all week long tis past week.

Maleficent's Dad
12-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I do agree.
It's been a constant complaint of guests at SSR that they want more dining options there. Breakfast is an especially busy time at Artist Palette. I guess they underestimated the need for fast food at the resort.

And while I did recently have a good experience at the Turf Club, it was nothing spectacular (although in all fairness, it was a fine experience).

On the plus side, you are close to DTD, and there are several eateries there. :unsure:

sly1
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
We didn't care for either restaurant at SSR. We went over to DTD to eat. They definitely need to add another restaurant or two and improve the menus at the two they have.

Aero
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Our first time at SSR was pre-Turf Club, and we haven't been back yet to sample the turf (sounds yummy!). The Artist's Palette was alright, but not enough.

I'm looking forward to trying the Turf Club the next time we stay at SSR. tho, which could be next summer if we don't get into an AK or BC villa.

- Aero

MinnieMommie
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
The 2 restaurants are both good but I agree that more options would be better. My kids actually like the 2 options and choose to eat at the resort but DH and I usually eat at DD. :mickey:

smitman1426
12-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I know that the resort is still kind of new and we like to stay there. It almost seems as if they are still trying the work out thekinks in the menu. The turf club is ok. We have had both lunch and dinner there but I think their menu could use a little tweaking still.

DisneyJen26
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
If you eat at the Turf Club, make sure the top is tight on the pepper shaker. :eek:

I love going to the Artist, but I don't think they can accomodate the size of the resort. Breakfast seems to be the busiest time for them. They probably thought that since alot of the rooms have kitchens, that must people would eat in their rooms.

ThanxForNoticin
12-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I think both options offered at SSR are very good, but they are not enough to meet the resort capacity of guests. Walking to DTD is not the most convenient thing to do all the time, but it really does expand the options.

peemagg
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I totally agree that they need something more. I found Artists Palette to be good, but not enough choices (had more choices at POFQ when we stayed there). Haven't tried the Turf Club, but I did look at the menu. Not much that appealed to me.

What I think would help is if they separated the restaurant from the gift shop. Too much going on in a small space.

MickeyMousse
12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Definitely!!! Having just 2 restaurants in such a large resort doesn't do the job. One morning we went to Artists Palette for breakfast and while we were eating my DH noticed that the line had made its way out the door!!! Although we ate twice at The Turf Club and both times were seated immediately.

meandmydog1
12-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Another YES! Definitely they need more options, breakfast is a mob scene. I hope the Disney management is reading...........

pox24
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Although it seems there should be something more available there, keep in mind that DTD is a short distance away and the Turf Club was originally the golfers oasis for LBV Golf Club. I agree however since our visit earlier this year was very crowded.

disneycouple2004
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
YES..i agree...way to small for such a large resort...more options please !!!!!!!!!!!!!