PDA

View Full Version : first time going during christmas season any suggestions?

danwiora
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
on friday i will be back at the world for the first time at christmas time. got my very merry christmas party tickets any suggestions of things to see and do?

tinkerbell04
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Enjoy it and take it all in! Be sure to see the Osbourne lights, the Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
12-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Christmas around the world at Epcot, MVMCP, Sleigh rides at Wilderness Lodge, it goes on and on

magicman
12-03-2007, 03:12 PM
(1) The Osbourne Lights are really cool.
(2) At the MVMCP, don't miss the shows and the parade. (They are different than normal.)
(3) Also at MVMCP, stay until the end. The crowds thin out dramatically the last hour.
(4) Lastly at the MVMCP, dance with the characters until closing in the gazebo near the Dumbo ride...talk about some magical memories.

goofysbabe
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I would just take the time to enjoy it and take lots of pictures - the parks and hotels are decorated so beautifully for the holiday season. Be sure to see the Osborne Family Lights and the Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. Be sure to go to DTD and walk around too have an ice cream sundae and watch the people shop!

JerseyMouse
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Agree with all of the above suggestions, but need to give an extra shout out to the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, it's been over 10 years since we saw it, and my memories of it are as clear as if I had seen it yesterday, talk about something sure to put you in the holiday spirit!!

busterthebronco
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
candalight processional (sp):blush: is easily the best.
GF is decorated the best.
eat dinner there.
its worth it just to check it out!

iheartdisney
12-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Don't skip Osbourne Lights at MGM. We've skipped it in the past but a few years ago, finally saw them and they blew us away. Then, this year (last week, actually) we went again and happened to be there when the lights "played" to the music. We didn't realize that was part of the show! Really neat! You'll be glad you went.

And, personally, if you decide to go to the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT do the dinner package. We didn't - and our daughter was singing with her school choir but we got in line about 1 1/2 hours before the show. We were about the 10th person in line so we figured we'd get pretty good seats. Nope! About 75% of the outdoor theater was filled with dinner package patrons. We were sitting so far back and to top it off a tree was in front of our view of our daughter. The Candlelight Processional is a wonderful performace and worth the extra cost of the dinner package!

magicman
12-04-2007, 11:12 AM
I forgot one suggestion when I responded yesterday, and that is to not skimp on souvenirs. We truly cherish those Christmas ornaments and decorations that we got while at the World over the Christmas holiday two years ago.

tennantsrwe
12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey!
We always go in early Dec...leaving on Saturday....:thumbsup: because of the way WDW does Christmas. I think you should really take some time and travel to the 'upscale' resorts and see the decorations they have. Grand Floridian has the huge Gingerbread House...it's a must see. And the other hotels have very nice and elaborate things as well. We usually do this the evening of our AK day since it closes early. Try it out, I think you'll appreciate it!

Taja
12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Try to make time to tour the monorail and EPCOT resorts. WL and AKL, also, if time permits.

RocknRoller94
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
First, Bring your Winter Clothes. Second, even if you don't want to go to the Christmas Party, you may want to because the lines are shorter on Party Nights.:mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-06-2007, 06:46 AM
I agree with everyone! But especially the Osborne Lights..they are awesome! First time I saw them they absolutely blew me away

laward32
12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Take your time and take lots of pictures. It is gorgeous at this time. We still haven't seen the Osbourne Lights, but I here they are spectacular. DO do the MVMCP:santa3:, it is awesome and when we went (on a Tues) it was not crowded at all. We walked on all the rides and the parade and fireworks are awesome.
Also, don't get discouraged about the crowds, I did last year.:grinch: I was expecting it to be less crowded, which it still wasn't bad, but I had expectations that were wrong and I let it upset me and a lot of stuff I missed.
Won't make that mistake next trip at christmas.:santa:

azdisneymom
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I would take one evening just to stroll around MK or Epcot. Don't rush. Just take in the magic.

smiles_rock
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Definately don't miss the Osbourne Lights, they're the best! We like to get a spot in front of the skyline in between Al's Toy Barn and the Lights, Motor, Action enterance, you can see a lot from there. Get there a few minutes before it starts so you can hear the history behind the lights and see them turn on...its really amazing!!! Have Fun!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I am so glad to see all of these tips. I only have three days there and it is the first time I have ever been during Christmas.

This may be a really silly question but, how exactly do the Osbourne Lights work time wise?? Do they show at certain times or do are they ongoing?? Will we be able to do the lights and Fantasmic on the same night?? I really have no idea what to expect but, really want to see them.

Thanks for any input!

PrincessASquared
12-07-2007, 05:14 PM
We did the dinner package with the Candlelight Processional last week. What a great show! Really puts you in the Christmas spirit. We would highly recommend it!:thumbsup:

PrincessASquared
12-07-2007, 05:19 PM
As far as the Osborne lights go, They are lit up as soon as dusk arrives. The dancing light show happens aprox. every 15 min. Really cool.:thumbsup: I dont see any reason you couldnt do the Osborne lights and Fantasmic on the same night.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
As far as the Osborne lights go, They are lit up as soon as dusk arrives. The dancing light show happens aprox. every 15 min. Really cool.:thumbsup: I dont see any reason you couldnt do the Osborne lights and Fantasmic on the same night.

Perfect, Thanks!! :mickey: