PDA

View Full Version : Why I have been MIA!!! About DD 8

cal5755
12-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone!!
Before I go FINALLY post about my super soap weekend trip, I thought I would tell everyone why I have been missing in action.

I have posted before about how my DD (8) Michelle is persuing an acting and singing career. Well she has been keeping me busy exhasted (and broke) going in and out of New York for auditions. First I should explain that most people will do 1 call back(second audition) for every 20 auditions and out of 100 call backs you might book one commercial. Tough business! Michelle will do 20 auditions and get 18 call backs - makes this a whole lot more expensive and time consuming than dance classes lol. In 3 years she has done 4 commercials too so that is a huge plus. Of course her vibrant smile and true passion makes all of it worth it......just like hockey is with my son.

Anyway...she has been on quite a few auditions lately so I have either been working or driving to NY so I have had no computer time lately.

EXCITING NEWS!!!! Saturday Dec. 1st we left here at 2:00 am and drove to NYC. That for us is a 2.5 hour drive. We arrived in Harlem at 4:30 am and stood in a line. Well we came prepared and sat in camping chairs bundled up in blankets, hats, earmuffs and drinking thermos' full of coffee and hot cocoa lol. At 8:00 am a nice gentlement gave Michelle her number...81... they were only allowing 200 people into this audition and a friend of ours was auditioning too.. he had number 80. After that we entered the building, filled out an application and had her picture taken and stapled to the app. Then we went into a theater to wait for her group to be called. at 11:30 am Michelle had her turn to audition. She sang Reflections --- the disney version --- and did a fablulous job!! Well the judges thought so too.... and....... Michelle Marie will be performing at the Apollo Theater on Febuary 6th, 2008!!!

This is a big stepping stone for anyone!! So please wish her luck!! Also if anyone wants to hear Michelle sing, I have her on myspace you can pm me and I can give you her website adderss. Thanks for letting me share my daughters great news!!!

Crystal Palace
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow!!! Congrats! That is an amazing opportunity! I wish you and her the best!:congrats:

RedheadWriter
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Congratulations and best wishes! :D

snowflakegirl
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
What an amazing opportunity! Congratulations to your daughter (and to you for helping her get there)!

AbeeNormal
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Kudos to you for having the courage to hang in there. :thumbsup:

Your daughter is very lucky to have such a great mom!!!!:)

disneydeb
12-03-2007, 08:49 PM
WOW!:thumbsup:

joanna71985
12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
That is so exciting! What was the audition for? Congrats to her.:thumbsup:

How did your friend do in the audition?

weswerx
12-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Congratulations!:thumbsup:
I'm sure she will do great.

DizNee143
12-04-2007, 08:19 AM
wow that is great!! congrats to your daughter!! :thumbsup:

cal5755
12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys!! We appreciate the feedback!!

My friends son...(we met them when Michelle was giving a concert)...also made it to sing at the Apollo. His name is Camron and he is 14. He sang Muustang Sally!!

Tomorrow we are off to NY again to audition for a tylenol commercial lol.