PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions?

starflyer59
12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
We are counting down the days until our visit to the world. We will be there Dec 22-26th and will be staying at POP.

1. What building is the best to stay in? We paid extra for the preferred.
2. Crowds during this time??
3. How to keep a 2 year old busy while waiting in line?

Thanks ya'll

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Well I can help you with question 2, as I am sure you will be told in this topic, it will be very busy and crowded as it is the busiest week in WDW.

I am also going in this period as I have done for the last 4 years and trust me, you will love it! Just make sure to arrive early, make good use of Fastpass and the parks stay open "til very late so you have more than enough time.

Have a great time :number1: and maybe I will see you there :secret:

Strmchsr
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
You can check out a map in the "resorts" section, but there isn't a bad building with the preferred selection.

As for crowds, well, that is part of the most crowded week of the year, so expect it to be absolutely nuts. You'll need to get to the parks very early, have a plan, and use fast pass.

I entertained my 2 yr old just playing games. You can't really "bring" any thing into lines with you and the cool detailed stuff in the line doesn't really catch a 2 yr old's attention. We played the game of counting people or looking for colors, etc. Just whatever we could find.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
You can bring cards and coloring books, whatever plush they have. That's what I take with me when I'm in line at the parks. Or invest in the Hidden Mickey book. Or play I Spy.

Or sing and get those around you involved. Talk to other people, it will make the time go by faster when you are talking to people about Disney. And then tell them about us here on Intercot!!

WishingStar2006
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Or sing and get those around you involved. Talk to other people, it will make the time go by faster when you are talking to people about Disney. And then tell them about us here on Intercot!!

I agree with CaptainJessicaSparrow...talk to the people around you and engage your little one in the conversation....that's some of the best fun we have while waiting in lines is getting to know people from all over the world and the time speeds by.

You could also try getting a Pal Mickey...my son got one at age 11 and we still take him to the park every year....and he's 17 now!!!

Have FUN!!!! We'll be there around the same time...and I will definitely talk to you in line!
:santa3::santa3::santa3:

starflyer59
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for all the tips. We hope he is going to do good. This is his first trip to the world so we hope he will do good. We took our daugther to Disney for the first time when she was 4 and she did great. She just turned 14 this week! Wow! Time flys.

wedway76
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks for all the tips. We hope he is going to do good. This is his first trip to the world so we hope he will do good. We took our daugther to Disney for the first time when she was 4 and she did great. She just turned 14 this week! Wow! Time flys.

Time sure does fly! Our son was 3 on his first trip and is almost 15 now. On our first trip he was afraid of EVERYTHING the first day, but for some reason on day 2 he warmed up to it all and had a great time. Fortunately he still loves going.

BelleandtheBeast
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
It is the busiest time of the year, but it is also one of the most fun.

Take coloring books, snacks, and if you are into pin trading waiting in line is a good time to see there are other fellow traders. That is a good way to entertain a child for a while.