PDA

View Full Version : Candy scupltor in Japan?

dundeehunter
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I think her name is something like Yugi...that takes candy and makes spectacular suckers outside of Japan or China...anyway, does anyone know if she's still there...and what her schedule might be if she is still there? I would love to take my parents there to show them!

King Triton
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't know her name, but she was there, outside Japan, when we were there in August. She made a beautiful candy zebra for my daughter.

I believe she does about 4 shows a day, but I don't think its every day...maybe 5 days a week or so.

Figment!
12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
From Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/entertainment.asp)
Miyuki
Description: Watch as this candy lady demonstrates her tasty craft.
Duration: 20 minutes
Typical Number of Showings: Six Times Daily (No Showings on Friday or Saturday)
Typical Showing Time Period: Six showings between Noon– 7:00 pm

Currently, she is appearing at 1:40 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:40 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:15 pm & 6:15 pm.

Check the Times & Events Guide at Epcot the day of for her exact schedule during your visit.:thumbsup:

jedigrrrl
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Candy Yum... American Corn Syrup!

mudpuppysmom
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
This is not just any candy........

While it IS edible -- we usually keep ours for show......

The first time we saw her she chose DS (he was three) -- he was SO proud of his dinosaur and was showing me when a gust of wind took it from his hand and landed on the ground......it was pretty broken, but he still thought it was cool.

We also have a hummingbird and a penguin.

Miyuki is AMAZING!!! It's a gotta see, but don't spread the word too much.......she already garners quite the crowd!!:secret:

chrisb26
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
She really is amazing. I saw her for the first time this past trip in Oct. I never even knew she was there we just saw a crowd and thought we would see what it was and saw her making an animal. We stayed and watched for a few minutes. She made a girl a pink Octopus. Then she made a boy a red Giraffe. It was really cool to watch. Best part was it was free! How much things are so awesome and free in WDW?

Bobby T
12-05-2007, 01:01 AM
One of the best hidden treasures in the park!

disneymom2000
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
We got a flamingo from her. I can't believe how quick she can make a glob look like something so amazing.

laward32
12-12-2007, 05:30 PM
On the travel channel last night was a new WDW show (finally). It was a holiday episode with Samantha Brown. It showed her in Epcot and she was talking to the lady while she was making things. She said there are only 15 people who do this and she is the only woman. I thought that was really neat. It's amazing what she could do. I wish I had know about her when we were there in October, I would have loved to seen her in person.:mickey:

kakn7294
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
We saw Miyuki in August as well. She made my DD's a Mama panda sitting in a pink chair holding her baby panda who's wrapped in a yellow blanket. Megan accidentally bumped on a counter in Germany and broke an ear off of Mama but it still looks great otherwise. They are fragile but so beautiful and she is amazingly talented.

IloveDisney71
12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
On the travel channel last night was a new WDW show (finally). It was a holiday episode with Samantha Brown. It showed her in Epcot and she was talking to the lady while she was making things. She said there are only 15 people who do this and she is the only woman. I thought that was really neat. It's amazing what she could do. I wish I had know about her when we were there in October, I would have loved to seen her in person.:mickey:
I saw this too. I can't wait to look her up - we'll be there in 2 days.

DizNee143
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
can you only get them from her when she out for her show? or can you buy them somewhere in one of the stores in japan, also?

Bethanymouse
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
We saw her for the first time this summer and she was amazing! We loved watching her creations. We didnt get picked because we were two adults but it was still really neat to watch her in action. I have never seen the candy she makes for sale anywhere in the Japan pavillion. Definately worth checking out!