PDA

View Full Version : Whoop dee doo vs Backyard BBQ

Mackflava99
12-03-2007, 12:45 AM
What is the major dofference between Whoop Dee Doo and BBBQ?
I have been to WDDR and like it, but my wife is thinking about trying BBBQ. IS there a show? are their characters? do they do greetings for the kids? is the food the same?

Sorry for all the questions.

Here we go again...
12-03-2007, 02:53 AM
There is a major difference between the shows.

The BBQ is held outdoors in the pavillion right behind where they have the Hoop Dee Doo.
No AC... just fans... and it gets hot.

When you get there, you stand outside until time to go in. Then, all Heck breaks loose. The plan is for the line to move in an orderly fasion, go through the food line, get your food then get a table. Well, people send kids or family to run past everyone to get the best seats. No organized seating here.

The food is okay. Hot dogs, hamburgers, your basic bbq foods. They serve drinks and watermelon.

The characters do come out and get up close and personal with the kids. They dance with them and hang out for quite a while. The do have a man that does rope tricks and the kids learn to line dance.
It is a pretty good time... my DD (7 at the time) got bored pretty early. I think it was the heat though.

mouseketeer mom
12-03-2007, 07:14 AM
That sounds like bedlam with everyone running for seats and food. I really don't like situations like that. I considered doing this the next time we stay at WL, but I think I'll pass.
We love the HDDR tho. We thought it was loads of fun. My DS got picked to be in the show. We laughed all night.

Maleficent's Dad
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
First off, there is no comparison between the two. The HDDR is far superior to the BBQ.

The HDDR is a sit-down where food is served family style. You are assigned a table in advance (from all indications, table assignment is made based on how far in advance you make your ressies). You've seen the show, so I won't go into detail, but it's a blast.

When you get there, you stand outside until time to go in. Then, all Heck breaks loose. The plan is for the line to move in an orderly fasion, go through the food line, get your food then get a table. Well, people send kids or family to run past everyone to get the best seats. No organized seating here.
I think Angel is being kind with his description here. We were so put off by the chaos when entering the BBQ that it was hard to enjoy the rest of the experience.

There ARE characters at the BBQ. There is a band and dancing. But IMO, it's not worth the aggravation. The idea of the BBQ is a good one, the implementation on the other hand, doesn't work. We found it loud, hot and uncomfortable. Nevermind paying the $$$ to sit at picnic tables - not a joy with young kids.

Mackflava99
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks-
I think i am pretty confident we will be going back to HDDR and not changing this year:)
I appreciate the info!!