PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused.

TerriV8489
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
My 18-year old DS and I will be arriving on Thursday, 12/6 and leaving on Monday, 12/10. I signed up for DDP but now think I made a mistake. I didn't make any reservations because my son is actually happier eating Quick Service Meals than a Table Service Meal. I also didn't want to be tied down to a reservation since we won't be there that long. Will the credits for my Table Service Meals be wasted since we will probably only use the Snack credit and Quick Service Meal? I wouldn't be able to use a Quick Service Meal in place of a Table Service Meal? :confused:

GreenBeetle
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
To the best of my knowledge, you will lose the Table Service credits if you don't use them somehow. You are given 1 snack credit, 1 quick service credit, and 1 table service credit for each night of your stay. You may use them any way you wish, but if you don't plan to eat any meals at sit down restaurants, then the DDP probably wasn't for you. :(

merlinmagic4
12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Hello and :welcome:

I have never used the dining plan so I am not sure if you can use a table service as a counter service meal BUT at this point it may be tough to get reservations. Do you have to keep the plan? You might want to think about NOT using it (especially if you are happy with counter service)but if you are going to use it, I would get on the phone tonight and try and make some ADRs for some places you might like to eat. I know you are going at a slower time but places can still tend to be booked.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll get more detailed and knowledgeable answers!!

ElenitaB
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

Don't despair... you may still be able to make ADRs, particularly for the resort restaurants. Also, you can use a TS credit at Beaches & Cream (located at the Beach Club) which is someplace your DS just might enjoy. You might also have luck if you try for late/early meals (such as a late lunch or an early dinner).

Good luck and let us know how you made out.

MauiMouse
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi,
You can use Table Service credits for Counter Service credits, but not the other way around. Just tell them before hand that you want to use a Table Service credit when ordering Counter service.

We did this a couple of times in the end of our stay. :thumbsup:

JPL
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
It's true you can use TS for CS meals but financially it doesn't make any sense since you will end up losing money on the plan. I would just cancel the plan if you plan to eat all CS.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Ditto on possibly cancelling. The average QSR meal is about $7-12 per person with drink. The average TS is about $15-20 per person, without drink, appertizer and dessert, etc.

If you got the two QSR and a snack, it would be about $20-30 per person per day to eat. The DDP is more than that so you would be losing the money.

If you decide to keep the DDP, you can convert the TSR down to QSR at any of the locations as long as you tell them in advance.

Mackflava99
12-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I would give a try for ADR first- you never know what may turn up-
There are alot of good restaurants that go overlooked- like Olivia's B'writes, Spoodles, Yachtsmen, Coranado, etc...
You ,may find a diamond in the rough.

jray21
12-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Just try to make reservations, you never know. I would make reservations just in case. I always make reservations for almost all my meals just in case, and I have never missed one. It is a nice rest for us.

LibertyTreeGal
12-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I'd try making ressies but if you can't then cancel the DDP ASAP (obviously since you are leaving ASAP).

We were there last week and there were a few people able to walk up at a few places but it was very hit and miss.

Polynesian Dweller
12-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Don't forget that you can have table service lunches and these are often easy to get into without and ADR. We do that a couple of times per trip. Because we are in concierge we don't do breakfast but I think you can use TS there as well. Not quite as cost effective as dinners but still useable.

Yes, according to the brochures you can convert TS to CS but, not all CMs seem to be aware of this and it can be a problem to get that to happen in some circumstances.

lightyearfan
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
i wouldn't worry about not having ADR"S for TS meals, as stated in some previous posts you can enjoy some resorts for your TS options, i would definetly try to visit Boatwrights at POFQ for there wonderful breakfest menu, and the Grand Floridan has a very nice breakfest menu as well.

Enjoy your trip
Victor

diz_girl
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Try the buffets with your TS credits. They're as good (or better) than most TS restaurants, but they're as convenient as most CS restaurants. That leaves you with Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, BOMA, Cape May Buffet, Chef Mickey's, Trail's End Buffeteria, Hollywood & Vine, and 'Ohana (sort of). I left off Biergarten since I don't think that most kids are fans of German food.

SignguyTom
12-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Try the buffets with your TS credits. They're as good (or better) than most TS restaurants, but they're as convenient as most CS restaurants. That leaves you with Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, BOMA, Cape May Buffet, Chef Mickey's, Trail's End Buffeteria, Hollywood & Vine, and 'Ohana (sort of). I left off Biergarten since I don't think that most kids are fans of German food.

Don't forget Big River Grille at the Boardwalk! :thumbsup: