PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is the most toddler friendly?

WDWfeelslikehome
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
DW and I will be taking our first trip to WDW as parents this summer. We will have our soon to be adopted DS with us, he will nearly be 3. We have been to WDW many times, but never too many ! We have been there as singles, engaged lovebirds, and happliy married, but never as parents. We have been looking forward to it for years , but we know that there are more "experienced" parents out there that know what resorts seem to have "perks" for a toddler, and we are asking for your valued input.
Thank you in advance for your plethera of knowledge.

Tigerinvestigator
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I love both the WL and the Beach Club and for my family I would choose the Beach Club everytime. I actually voted for WL because you would probably spend more time at the MK with a toddler, and the Whispering Canyon is great for kids. I have never stayed at Saratoga Springs so can't really comment on it, and we thought the BW was better to visit than actually stay at, and is really geared a little more toward the adult crowd a little more than some of the other resorts (Jellyrolls:thumbsup:, ESPN club, etc.). You would not be dissappointed with the WL or BC and probably not dissappointed with the others for that matter):thumbsup:

ravsluvdisney
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
On our first trip as parents to two boys 4 & 2, we stayed at the WL and loved it. The proximity to the MK, where you will probably spend most of your time, the geyser, the pool, Whispering Canyon and just the overall feel of the resort make it a very good choice for families with toddlers.

Goofeygal
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Congrats on your adoption. I am an adoptive parent of 2 boys from Korea. Have a great time.

vamaggie
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Have only stayed at WL of your choices and I would highly recommend it. We stayed there when DS was 4 and then again when DS was 7 & DD was 18 mos. The boat ride to MK was great and the pool, geyser & theming was wonderful. The rooms were large and comfy (even w/ 4 pple) and there were lots of "nooks' with really comfy chairs for DH to go to to read after kids were asleep (I don't mind hanging in a darkened room-he can't stand it!) WL is great!

KAT1811
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I voted for the WL ssimply because of the proximity to the MK. You will probably spend quite a bit of time there and it makes taking a break much easier with a little one. We have 3 DDs and will never not stay on the monerail line again. The WL is the closest to the MK of your resorts. Beach Club would come in second for the sand bottom zero entry pool.

Have a great time and :congrats: on your adoption!!! Being a parent is the most wonderful journey ever, I love every minute of it, even the sleepless nights!!! Best of luck to you!!!

Donald
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I have not stayed at SSR, but have stayed at an OKW 2 bedroom villa with our young sons-ages 3 & 5 at the time. We loved the space. Plus having a seperate bedroom for the boys allowed them to take naps while we prepared dinner and do a little laundry. Yes, it was very convienient having a washer/dryer in our room. And being able to prepare toddler friendly meals in our own kitchen made eating less stressful. As far as transportation is concerned, I liked the fact that the vacation club bus stops were closest to the entrance of the parks.

GrmGrninGost
12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Another vote for Wilderness Lodge! :mickey:

irish1967
12-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I voted WL - you'll probably spend much of your time at the MK hence my vote.

iheartdisney
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
I think it's a tie between WL and BC. WL is so close to MK but BC has a wonderful zero entry pool with sand to build castles,etc. I say flip a coin and do one resort this year and the other the next!

P.S. Congrats on your adoption! It's a wonderful, amazing way to build a family. We've done it ourselves, twice from Korea!

Beach Club Babe
12-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I voted for the Beach Club.

1) The pool is very kid friendly. My four year old loved the kids area and being able to sit in the pool and make sand castles. She also liked the kids slide near the pirate ship slide and just the pool in general.

2) When we stayed at WL, everyone was banging their legs off the bedframe. In fact DD was 1.5 then and fell and bumped her head. The beds were also very high.

3) For some reason, the boat dock at WL made me very nervous. It didn't bother me at BC, but at WL it gave me nightmares that DD would fall in. DD liked taking the boats at BC/YC

4) I've never stayed at SSR or Boardwalk. Boardwalk might be another good choice, but I think SSR may be too big and further removed from the parks.

c&d
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I voted for WL because of the boat ride to MK, where you will probably spend most of your time.

thejens
12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I voted for BC for several reasons. The sandy pool is great. My little DS3 played in the sand pile for ages thrilled that the water wasn't deep and he could run around. Beaches and Cream is great too. He also liked just running around on the grass. We like Epcot as much as MK for the kids. The boat ride is fun to MGM. Easy to nap in the room and then stroll to many great restaurants for dinner (Cape May, Yaht Club, Flying Fish, Epcot etc.) You didn't ask, but Animal Kingdom is a favorite of ours. It also has a zero entry pool. The animals are great, but for a 3 yr old, I'd go for the sand at BC.

WDWfeelslikehome
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all of your advice. My parents have planned a gathering at the BWV's for the kids and grandkids :cloud9:. I am doing a surprise pre-gathering add on for DW, DS2, and myself :secret:. I went with an extra 3 days at VWL before we meet up with everyone else.:thumbsup::mickey:

RocknRoller94
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Wilderness Lodge for me!:thumbsup:

jakeybake
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Definitely the Beach Club.

Have stayed at all of the resorts you mentioned except for Saratoga Springs. My DW decided after our Beach Club stay in August that we will never, ever stay anywhere else again. We have 2 young children, 9 and 6 and they had the time of their lives.

The resort really caters to children. The pool, Cape May Cafe (character breakfasts) Lilo and Stich playing games with the kids in the lobby each day etc.

And the location is the best part of all. A short walk to Epcot and a boat ride to MGM. Also, the buses were always available with little to no waits.

What more can I say? BC ALL THE WAY!!!

Jay

Mom2Boys
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
We stayed with our son at the wilderness lodge about a year ago. We loved it. He loved the Whispering Canyon cafe, the overall big feel of the hotel, pools, boat trip to MK. Another vote for WL. We are going in april and we are going to stay at WL or the Poly. Have fun!!
paige

Bethanymouse
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I placed a vote for the WL because it is close to MK. With a young child, this is where you will spend most of your time. It has easy access to MK by boat. Also, you can then hop the monorail to TTC and Epcot from MK. Have a great trip!

pook@wdw
12-14-2007, 06:11 PM
AAAAHHHH...our 1st trip to WDW as parents...seems sooo long ago, she said longingly!!:cloud9: I can only speak for us, but I assume you'll be spending more time @ MK, for the little one, than the other parks. The WL access is the best for that. You'll spend no time getting there (we recommend the boat to CT, then walk or monorail), and quick return for midday pool breaks and/or naps for them (or you). We seem to spend less time on transportation staying there, than any other resort we've stayed at. Plus, we love the overall atmosphere (obviously, judging from my signature). Have a magical journey!!:mickey:

DisneyGiant
12-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I picked the Beach Club. Cool pool & sand box for toddlers!