PDA

View Full Version : viewing spot for Illuminations

dreamofspain
12-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Last year we were fortunate enough to get a ressie at Rose and Crown at 8 pm and had an awesome table at the lagoon and were thrilled to watch illuminations with a seated, unobstructed view. We couldn't get one this year and so, would appreciate ideas for good "standing" viewing locations. Thanks!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Most everywhere around the lagoon, but the bridge by France is awesome!! If you order a drink at the pub of Rose and Crown, they usually allow people to go down on the water by the lower level tables and watch the show too.

Ohhohohhhh*ItsMagic
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
When we went to Epcot this past January we tried to get into a bunch of places that were booked and then we walked up to Rose & Crown and we waited maybe 10 minutes. Got seated, ordered and then they said they'd hold our order while we went out on the patio and watched the fireworks. That was great. So what I'm getting at is that even if you didn't get a ressie, try and see when you get there...ya never know. Otherwise we once watched Illuminations from the outdoor patio at Mexico. If you get there early enough you can get a table on the lagoon and watch from there. Don't need a ressie there but it will get packed.

Polynesian Dweller
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
If you take a spot early then there really aren't bad spots. We like a spot just south of the entrance to Norway which is clear of trees. Even if your are back a couple rows you still have a good views.

TheRustyScupper
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
1) As mentioned above, there really isn't a bad viewing spot.
2) Just get to a location 15-20 minutes ahead of time.
3) Although people claim 45-minutes or longer, it isn't necessary.

IMHO: I do not know why people line up so early for a viewing spot. There are plenty of good locations, and using that time to explore is far better than sitting and waiting.

bjs6
12-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Being downwind can lead to poor viewing if all the smoke from the fireworks/pyrotechnics blows straight into your line of sight.

EPCOT84
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I enjoy walking around the lagoon while the show goes on. I like changing the scenery and walking "beneath" the fireworks and pavillions. It makes for a different experience.

jray21
12-03-2007, 02:07 AM
I agree with bjs6. The smoke should be the most important thing. No matter how good your spot is, if the wind is blowing towards you, things can get really bad.

mouseketeer mom
12-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes. I had a problem with the smoke last year blowing like crazy towards us and I ended up with ashes in my eye and had to go to first aid. I couldn't get it out and had to take out my contacts..I missed the end of illuminations but my eye was ok. The rest of us had ashes all over our clothing.

dolphinmickey9170
12-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I enjoy walking around the lagoon while the show goes on. I like changing the scenery and walking "beneath" the fireworks and pavillions. It makes for a different experience.
This sounds like a really great idea, I'm going to have to try this one. But I guess I would have to be very careful so as not to crash into someone while I wasn't watching where I was going because I would be to tied up looking at the lagoon:blush:, oops, pardon me!