PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the Magic Kingdom hotels?

Marc
12-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi all. We are heading to Orlando in June 2008 and staying offsite at the Marriott Cypress Harbour resort. We will have a rental car and I wondered if we could park at either Poly, GF or Contemporary and take the monorail over to MK. Are non-guests allowed to park at these hotels and is this a good option? Also anything similar over at Epcot, MGM or AK?

Thanks.

Jeff
12-02-2007, 09:56 AM
They have gates to get in the hotel lots with a security person checking ID's. If you have a reservation (ADR) at one of the hotel restaurants you can get a temporary parking pass (2 or 3 hours). They used to let you park "just to look around" and you would get a temporary pass as well, I have not done this since increased security however.

Marc
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info Jeff!

DizneyRox
12-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Parking at ANY resort is reserved for those actually paying to stay at that resort and for guests visiting that resort.

The theme park parking lot is for parking to visit the parks.

Resort parking is not intended to be an alternative to the large theme park lots, otherwise they would have made them bigger.

Polynesian Dweller
12-02-2007, 01:46 PM
The resort lots are fairly small. If they allowed that then the people staying at the resort would never be able to park at the resort.

brownie
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Best to park at the Transportation & Ticket Center for the Magic Kingdom and in the park lots for the other theme parks.

vamaggie
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Park at the TTC. Parking at the resorts is for guests staying there and eating there. We stayed at the Poly and the walk from the lots to the monorail was about as far as it was to the TTC from the TTC lots (unless you get there relly late in the day--which I would never recommend)

disney323
12-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Follow the MK parking signs.
After you park you ride the tram to either get on the large ferry boat or take the mono rail.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU PARKED

irish1967
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
If you want to check out the resorts, it is easy to hop on the resort monorail from the MK and go over.

The resort parking lost are intended for resort guests, they aren't set up to accomodate the MK general parking.