PDA

View Full Version : Do you decorate with Disney for the Holidays?

castlegirl
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I spent most of today decorating the inside and outside of my home for Christmas. As I'm digging through the boxes of stuff, I realized that I have quite a few Christmas decorations that are Disney related either from our December '05 trip or the Disney Store. So I said to my DH, I wonder what all my fellow Intercotees have to Disney decorate? :santa:

So what all do you have to bring Disney to your house for the holidays?

Here's my list...

1. 2 Mickey and 2 Minnie stockings to hang for my DH, DS, DD and myself and 2 Pluto stockings for the 2 dogs in our family. (My personal favorite)

2. Mickey-head wreath for the dooor.

3.Mickey and the gang treeskirt.

4. tree ornaments

5. snow globe

6. Mickey & Minnie Santa hats with the ears for everyone in the family

7. candle topper

8. Mickey & Minnie plush Santas

I'm sure many of you have lots more than I do, but I'd be curious to hear what else is out there for the Holidays.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

missbunny
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, I just mailed our Disney Christmas cards yesterday.
I have a Mickey wreath on my front door and Mickey and gang window clings.
I also have a couple Jim Shore Disney tradtions on our entertainment center. We have a couple Disney ornaments for the tree and a Disney tree skirt.
DH and I have our matching Mickey and Minnie Santa hats. I have a Mickey and Minnie Christmas sweater along with Mickey Mouse Christmas wreath earrings.
We weren't going to decorate with Disney at first but it is our favorite place to vacation and over the years our collection has grown to include other holidays as well. Some of our family members think we are crazy but we tend to ignore their comments. They just don't get it.
Happy Disney holidays to all and to all a good night.

dmosher
12-01-2007, 10:32 PM
My DW and I have started doing this since our first Christmas. I am slowly invading our house with Disney items during the Holidays. Heheh... she use to make fun of me for it, but once I got her to WDW, she was the one who suggested we get our first ornament for Christmas together there. I think I have converted her!
D
:pipes:

castlegirl
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh, and one more thing...

our Christmas cards this year have my DS and DD standing in front of the Walt & Mickey statue with Cinderella's castle in the background, and the card border is Disney too!

heidi614
12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
We always go to MK at Thanksgiving and take a pic of our kids in front of the castle. That is our christmas cards. We have a Disney tree complete with Tink on top. We pick a decorations when we are there and online.

Merry Mickey Christmas!

DisneyAddict62
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
We have a full-sized Disney Christmas tree, with several sets of the Storybook Ornaments, some of the Grolier ones, and lots more of what we have bought at WDW or the Disney Store. Geez, I just realized how much $$ is on that tree!!:santa3: :santa:

Camping Mom
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I have a Christmas ball from every year we have been their, several princess ornaments, a few of Mickey and Pluto, and that's about it. I do have a Disney Christmas plate I put out. Since we will be at Disney for Christmas this year, I haven't put too many things out this year. All my Disney ornaments will be coming with us so we can use them on our small tree we will be bringing with us to Ft. Wilderness.

I NEED MORE DISNEY ORNAMENTS AND CHRISTMAS STUFF!!!!!!

kakn7294
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Of course Disney is big in our Christmas celebration! We did Disney Christmas cards - I just picked them up today. We have tons of Disney ornaments on the tree (I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to bolt the tree to the wall because it's so heavy in the front). I have an Ariel stocking, Stephanie's is Tink. I have several small Disney tabletop figurines and snowglobes. We have 3' tall animated Mickey and Minnie figures dressed in red and white Santa and Mrs. Claus suits. I wear a Mickey ear Santa hat and Mickey socks. I also have a "Princess" tree - a 4' tall pencil tree currently decorated in all things Disney Princess.

DisneyAddict62
12-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Kathy,
My tree is on a revolving stand - you can put stuff ALL around it! :) It is spinning right now!

Bethanymouse
12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
I still live at home with my parents so my decorating ability is limited. But I do put up one of my disney villages. I own quite a few of them, but this year I only put up my dept. 56 disney village! I love it! I also have the toontown village and quite a few other pieces. We have a lot of disney ornaments as well, stockings, stocking holders......so many things but they are all put away until we move into a home. Happy Holidays all!

DizneyRox
12-02-2007, 09:23 AM
It doesn't go up unless it's Disney related, period, end of story, no exceptions.

Jeff G
12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
The theme of our Christmas at our house is Disney and has been since 1993. Our entire tree consists of ornaments we've collected over the years with a Snow White tree topper, a mickey tree skirt with the WDW train running around the base. We also have 10 animatrotic figures we collected from WDW and the Disney store, Mickey and gang stockings and holders, Mickey & Minnie candle holders, Mickey and gang nut crackers, the Dept 51 village along with a bunch of other odds & ends.

We get mixed reviews, some of our Friends love it while others say that were Disneyaholoics.

mickey&missy
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I bought a boat load ($$$$!!) of tree decorations at the christmas store in Liberty Square last year! I LOVE them all so much! I was so happy yesterday to take them out and look at them all! We don't have a tree yet but, we took out all the other decorations and the tree stuff came with it. I'm slowly acquiring things. I have a very cute ceramic light-up tree with mickey and minnie!

I was really tempt to buy everything christmas while I was in The World of Disney in NYC on Friday. But, I would have had to cart it home :( I have to do some christmas shopping at the mall this week and I'm hoping for some cute decoration at the Disney Store.

Not2Loud
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
There are definately Disney items in our Holiday decorations...every holiday as a matter of fact. My current faves are the stuffed Mickey and Minnie for Christmas as well as the Disney window clings for Christmas.

We have Disney things throughout the house, but alot of them are items we have ordered from disneyshopping.com as decor that are subtle.

baby minnie's mommy
12-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Let's see...

~Small Mickey/Minnie snowglobe
~Mickey tree skirt
~DD's Victorian Minnie stocking
~Cinderella tree ornament, Mickey/Minnie ornament, and ornaments of WL and AKL (we started collecting resort ones recently)
~DD wore a Minnie Christmas dress for our portrait cards
~Pooh Christmas mug (to use, not decor)

:tree: :candy: :snowman:

Polynesian Dweller
12-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Our tree is Disney themed with Mickey ear balls, and a special Disnery ornament we buy at WFW every year. Also have a small Mickey snow globe and Mickey ears Santa Hat for Christmas Day.

DisneyTwirler13!
12-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Every year, my family and I exchange Disney-themed ornaments, usually ones depicting movie characters. We have ones with Cinderella, her coach, and her castle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and Flounder and Sebastion in a mobile type thing, one of those big bulb type ornaments we got for the opening of The Little Mermaid, John Smith and Meeko and Flit, and Quasimodo swinging on a rope. I know there's more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
We also have a little tree that we put some other Disney stuff on. There are cardboard ornaments punched out of McDonalds Happy Meal boxes and Disney Happy Meal toys with strings in them...
We also have a Disney holiday cookie jar, and Disney themed plates and glasses that we leave milk and cookies on for Santa

kakn7294
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Kathy,
My tree is on a revolving stand - you can put stuff ALL around it! :) It is spinning right now!Mine too but where we put our tree, it gets crammed into a corner where the branches ended up scratching the walls when the spinning feature was turned on, so now we never use it. We do put ornaments on the back, just not enough to balance out the ones on the front because the tree is so fat, I have a hard time reaching the back at the bottom. I can't really put the tree anywhere else in the room or move it far enough out of the corner to revolve it or we couldn't comfortably manuever around it - darn tree is just too fat!

rcaide
12-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Well we have a Disney living room year round. Over-the-top cartoon looking yellow (Mickey Mouse foot color) walls, big red over stuffed couches a blue chair. We have a framed Micasso print above the fireplace and posters from old disney movies on the walls, plus Disney frames with family pictures and lots of Disney snowglobes. So of course we have to decorate Disney for Christmas. I have a huge MIckey & Minnie wreath that I made on the wall. Lots of Disney ornaments on the tree, a Disney village on the mantle, a Disney train, A big snowglobe with Tigger, Pooh and Piglet inside that flashes lights, blows snow and plays muisc. Outside I have a Mickey and Minnie light sculpture and a Santa Mickey flag. Our friends know we are crazy. My kitchen wall has the right side sheet metal from Ernie Irvan's old Kodak car mounted above the cabinents. Also, checkered flag floor, a booth and a tire from Dale Earnhardt's car (autographed of course) Plus, tons of automobile related paraphenalia. When my friends laugh at my Disney room, I say how could I have attached a formal living room to my diner kitchen? It all works.My son's teenage friends love our house. It is warm and welcoming.

kakn7294
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Well we have a Disney living room year round. Over-the-top cartoon looking yellow (Mickey Mouse foot color) walls, big red over stuffed couches a blue chair. We have a framed Micasso print above the fireplace and posters from old disney movies on the walls, plus Disney frames with family pictures and lots of Disney snowglobes. So of course we have to decorate Disney for Christmas. I have a huge MIckey & Minnie wreath that I made on the wall. Lots of Disney ornaments on the tree, a Disney village on the mantle, a Disney train, A big snowglobe with Tigger, Pooh and Piglet inside that flashes lights, blows snow and plays muisc. Outside I have a Mickey and Minnie light sculpture and a Santa Mickey flag. Our friends know we are crazy. My kitchen wall has the right side sheet metal from Ernie Irvan's old Kodak car mounted above the cabinents. Also, checkered flag floor, a booth and a tire from Dale Earnhardt's car (autographed of course) Plus, tons of automobile related paraphenalia. When my friends laugh at my Disney room, I say how could I have attached a formal living room to my diner kitchen? It all works.My son's teenage friends love our house. It is warm and welcoming.My house would never make Better Homes and Gardens either! I decorate in the way that makes me happy - Disney (mostly Little Mermaid), the Steelers, and Spiderman rule in my house. The designers on HGTV might have a fit, but I love it! If your house makes you happy, that's what really matters, not what anyone else says.

Camping Mom
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Just got back and brought with me a new Christmas ornament with 2007 painted on it (they were out of them), a new Mickey tree topper a friend who works there gave me, one "jingling" silver ornament shaped like MM head, and got a 2007 ornament as a Christmas gift. I combine these with what I have and now have enough for an individual Disney tree.

I WANT MORE!

I just went to the Disney store and they have a sale going on. No ornaments, but a MM napkin holder that I will put on my desk at work to hold my files!!!

dmosher
01-04-2008, 02:16 AM
At the top of our tree is STITCH as Santa!
Who better to be hijacking a tree? The way we did it was very cute. He is the Magnetic hands santa, so he is hanging from the tip of the tree as it bends over. Check it out here:http://tinyurl.com/24e98o

We love our Stitch!
:pipes:
D

SurferStitch
01-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh dear, let's see....

1. 9.5' tree loaded to the gills with Disney ornaments (DS, WDW.....years of collecting) and a Tink tree topper
2. Two Santa Stitch big figures
3. About 30 Disney Christmas plush (I put one on each step going upstairs...was DH's idea a couple years ago)
4. Big homemade Mickey wreath
5. Moving Santa Stitch that sings, and a singing trio of Pooh/Eeyore/Tigger (bought at the DS years ago)
5. 4 Disney stockings (Me-Stitch, DH-Mickey, Dogs-Eeyore and Tink)
6. Various Christmas figurines with Disney characters (about 10 or so)
7. Entire Hawaiian Christmas theme outside, complete with a Stitch wreath and a Santa Stitch animated figure
8. We have Mickey, Stitch, Goofy and Tink Santa hats that I put on my other big figures during Christmas
9. I just bought two of those huge Mickey head ornaments (about 10" tall/wide) at WDW, and they are in my living room windows. They are red with a black glitter Santa belt and black glitter ears.

That about covers it. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but that's the bulk of it.

dmosher.....I have that same little Santa Stitch. I put him on our little 2' fake tree at the top. He's so cute!