PDA

View Full Version : Medical Pass

Toodle
12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I was recently injured in an automobile accident and at the moment can not stand in one place for long periods of time (15 minutes or more). We are going to Disney in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if I bring a note from my doctor will Disney let me bypass the stand by lines? We have been going to Disney since the year it opened and luckily have never needed any assistance at all. I am not even sure I will be able to walk around Disney but I am going to try. For some reason, walking is easier than standing. We love to go at Christmas time and I hate to miss all the festivites.

merlinmagic4
12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Hello :mickey:

Sorry to hear about your car accident :( You can visit Guest Relations and tell them of your situation. I think they decide on a case by case basis. I would bring a doctor's note. They may recommend a wheelchair or scooter since many of the lines are now accessible :thumbsup:

The only people I know of who ALWAYS receive front of the line passes are children who are visiting courtesy of the various wish granting organizations.

Hopefully the crowds will be low enough that you wouldn't have to do a lot of standing anyway. Just watch those counter service locations at the lunch rush.......yikes, my husband must have been in line for 40 minutes!

Have a great trip and I sure hope you make it through okay.

Marilyn Michetti
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't know how they handle medical issues when you're walking around, but those on "wheels", are sometimes allowed to enter through a different door, and are "blended" into the line with a comparable wait time. ;)

Toodle
12-02-2007, 06:18 AM
I may have to use a wheelchair at least part of the time I am there so that will take care of the standing in line - I will be sitting instead! I will be bringing a doctor's note.
Thanks for the replies.