PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House in AK?

TheMartellFamily
12-01-2007, 04:21 PM
has anyone tried the new Tusker House and is it on the dining plan?

McCloytrio
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
We ate there on Sat. 11/17 (read my trip report if you get a chance) we (there were 10 of us) enjoyed it. There were alot of different food choices, breads, bagels, croissants, biscuits, pastries, donuts, eggs, quiche, potatoes, grits, bacon, sausage, polenta, fresh fruit, waffles, alot of African inspired dishes. We were offered the "juice of the day" ours was a pineapple/mango/papaya combo along w/ Donald Duck orange juice & whatever else we wanted to drink. They took 1 table service meal off our dining plan. It was well worth it. The characters came by often & got the kids up to dance, they played a certain song every 30 min and everyone (cast members as well) would stop what they were doing to sing & dance. The atmosphere was great and the kids as well as the adults all loved it.

morange
12-08-2007, 09:53 PM
We did it on 11/28 and had mixed reviews. We thought the food was actually good with a lots of choices. Really enjoyed the ham and fresh fruit choices, along with the Safari Juice. There were other good choices.

The service was so-so. Really didn't see the waiter other than to take our order and give us the bill.

The character interaction was so-so. It seemed like they spent more time at certain tables, whereas at our table, it seemed like they hardly spent any time at all other than to get a quick picture. Maybe my expectations were a little too high. We got all the characters pictures, exception my picture of Mickey was blurred. All in all, I would try Tusker house again or some other character breakfast just to get a different experience.