PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

Tinkermom
12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
We are taking our 3 kids on a suprise Disney cruise in February. :secret: This is our first time cruising. We are going to be at WDW for 4 days prior to the cruise which the kids know about. The day the kids think we are leaving is the day we are actually leaving to go on the cruise. DH and I would like to take the kids to dinner on our "last" night at WDW and tell them about the cruise. I was thinking of doing a character meal and seeing if Mickey could bring a card over to hand to the kids. Inside the card I will have written:

Here at Disneyworld we hope you've had fun.
But I'm here to tell you the fun has just begun.
Look to your parents for the big news...

Then we will hold up a big sign that says:
WE'RE GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE!!

So, can I make a request to have Mickey or maybe another character deliver the card?

DH was thinking we should do this at California Grill and just have our server bring the card over saying it was delivered by Mickey. California Grill is our favorite restaurant and the kids love to get dressed up to go there. We always make a big deal with them about going there saying it is a "fancy" restaurant.

So, what do you all think? Should we do a character meal? If so which one? Or should we go to a place we know the kids love (and so do mom and dad).

69 days till we cruise!! :woohoo:

mitchsfan
12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Ask a Cast Member who is walking around with the character you want. I wanted Pooh to hold up a shirt once at the Crystal Palace. I asked the Cast Member then he whispered to Pooh.

They were pretty good about the whole thing. Just ask them.

Enjoy the cruise!:mickey:

10 days and counting!

TinkRocks
12-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Here at Disneyworld we hope you've had fun.
But I'm here to tell you the fun has just begun.
Look to your parents for the big news...

Then we will hold up a big sign that says:
WE'RE GOING ON A DISNEY CRUISE!!

69 days till we cruise!! :woohoo:

How about saying...
'But I'm here to tell you, the fun's not quite done'

After all, you'll have been in WDW for a few days, and I'm assuming you'll have already begun your fun...

Does the California Grill have a boat shaped dessert? It would be neat to have the chefs write 'We're going on a Disney Cruise' on the plate, if you can't get the message delivered by a character...