PDA

View Full Version : December Healthy Living Thread

Carol
12-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Share your December diet / excercise / lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here!

Good Luck, Everyone.

:scale: :bike: :rope: :walk: :hurdle: :trampo:

Here we go again...
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I just wanted to start the month with Good Luck wishes to everyone.

I know this is going to be the hardest month of the year for all of us... :eat: :marg:

I did not go to my WW weigh in Saturday because I had to work. I was also a little worried that I had gained so I was not in a hurry to go to an earlier meeting.

I am trying to stick to the plan and work out this week. The gum was closed Thursday, Friday and Saturday the week of Thanksgiving and it really through me off. I only made it to the gym 4 times last week too. I am going every day this week. I am hoping to hit that 50 pound loss by Saturday!!

TheDuckRocks
12-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I was down 1 pound at WW this week.:thumbsup:
I'm sending along a big bag of :pixie::pixie::pixie: for all of us for the holiday season.

JanetMegan
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to pop back in here, I'm trying to get back in on the program after a good start to 2007 then a dismal end ;)

I am considering joining Curves (doing my 30 day free trial now) and I'm planning on quitting drinking as of Jan. 1 (sniffle.) I'm just not good at cutting back, I'm more of an all or nothing person.

Also as of Jan 1 I will be working from home which in the long run I think will really help me. I currently skip breakfast and eat out a fairly unhealthy lunch each day. I'm going to try the cereal in the am route with a light sandwich or soup or salad for lunch starting in the new year...

Hopefully all of it will pay off. I'd love to lose 20 lbs in the new year

IloveDisney71
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I am hoping to hit that 50 pound loss by Saturday!!

Good luck - I hope you reach your 50 pound loss! :thumbsup:
I've been exercising at least 5 days a week and I feel better. I don't think I've lost any weight this week though.:( I'll find out for sure at my weigh-in on Thursday. I've lost 14 1/2 pounds and I'm trying to lose 13 more. I will be happy if I can at LEAST maintain my current weight through my upcoming 5 day Disney trip and Christmas - a sort of double whammy this month! What was I thinking? HA
Here's some :pixie: in hopes that everyone makes it through December without too much "backsliding"! :santa:Good luck everyone! :cheer:

I almost forgot, we were given a yummy dessert recipe this week at my w.w. meeting: I think it's called - Carmel Apple Fruit Salad
Small box of instant, sugar-free butterscotch pudding
14 oz. crushed pineapple in its own juice (Mix these 2 ingred. together)
Then add:
3 apples cut into bite-size pieces
1 small lt. Or fat free cool-whip
1 tsp. peanuts (crushed)
1 cup of this is only 1 point!

Here we go again...
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM
I almost forgot, we were given a yummy dessert recipe this week at my w.w. meeting: I think it's called - Carmel Apple Fruit Salad
Small box of instant, sugar-free butterscotch pudding
14 oz. crushed pineapple in its own juice (Mix these 2 ingred. together)
Then add:
3 apples cut into bite-size pieces
1 small lt. Or fat free cool-whip
1 tsp. peanuts (crushed)
1 cup of this is only 1 point!

I made something similar to this for Thanksgiving so I would stay away from the pumkin and pecan pie.
Mine uses a large box of instant, sugar free vanilla pudding
A mixture of 1 point fruits:
2 large cans of Chunk Pineapple in its own juice
1 can Peaches in light syrup
2 small cans mandarin oranges in their own syrup
(You can add pears or what ever else you want)
1 small apple cut into small pieces

Pour the pineapple juice in a bowl and put the apples in the juice while you mix everything else. This will help keep the apples from turning brown. Drain and throw away all other juices and syrup, you will not use them.

Mix all fruit in bowl. Combine apples and pineapple juice. Sprikle pudding mix on top and stir all ingredients well. Chill and serve. It is sooooo yummy. I even stayed away from my nephew's chocolate birthday cake.

I also add bananas and some cherries to my fruit salad. So, mine goes from a 1 point dessert to about 1 1/2 points.

Also, have any of you tried the cakes made with diet coke?
Mix a spice cake with a diet coke only and cook following directions on box. It is so good! And, only 3 points per serving. I brought one to a friend for her birthday and she loved it. I waited until she told me how good it was to tell her it was only box cake mix and diet coke. Top it with light cool whip.

TheDuckRocks
12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the receipes! They sound really good.
Can't say I'm a big fan of the diet cola cake though. I made mine with chocolate and it wasn't very good, maybe I'll try it with a spice cake mix.

Here we go again...
12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, I came soooooooo close.... but did not make it.
I lost .6 pounds, only 2 OUNCES away from my 50 pound mark! grrrr...

We had our Deep South Intercot this past weekend and ate and drank a little too much. I have a feeling I will not have any weight loss this week. :blush:

Oh well, we have to have some fun sometime!

TheDuckRocks
12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh, oh that seems to be my downfall right now! I can not tell you how many times I've uttered those words lately.:blush:
Keep up the good work Angel, you are sooooooooo close now.

IloveDisney71
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, I came soooooooo close.... but did not make it.
I lost .6 pounds, only 2 OUNCES away from my 50 pound mark! grrrr...

We had our Deep South Intercot this past weekend and ate and drank a little too much. I have a feeling I will not have any weight loss this week. :blush:

Wow - you are so close! Did you think about taking off your jewelry...:D that might have been 2 oz.!
Wish me luck, I have a weigh-in today and then I'm off to WDW in 2 days! I know I will not lose weight while I'm there but I'm hoping to stay within 2 pounds of my weigh-in weight today. I'll be the person walking really fast to try and burn off some of those extra calories!:laughing::funny:

Here we go again...
12-16-2007, 12:19 AM
You are not going to believe this...
I did not lose my 2 OUNCES. :mad:

I did not gain and did not lose. I maintained my weight this week. I guess that is a good thing since we ate at Lamberts this week and I had a few (too many) drinks.

Of course it was cold this morning and I had to wear real clothes to weigh in. Ususally I get to wear short, not pants.

Oh well... maintaining is better than gaining.

TheDuckRocks
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Angel, those 2 ounces will go, but having "been there, done that" I know how you are feeling about now.
The temperatures around here are in the mid 30s during the mornings right now and the heater at our Weight Watchers location has been on the fritz. But we have one woman who comes in every week to weigh-in with her shorts on.:jaw:

Here we go again...
12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today....
I was really worried because I have been doing some night time snacking.

I finally hit the big 5-0!!!
As a matter of fact, I lost 3.8 pounds this week!!!
Can you believe it???
I am now down 53.6 pounds. And, I have a little room for gain in case I eat bad this week... I want to stay above that 50 pound weight loss.

TheDuckRocks
12-23-2007, 07:34 PM
:cheer::donald: CONGRATULATIONS!!! ANGEL :donald::woohoo:

Here we go again...
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Just as fast as I hit the the big 50, I lost it....
Can you believe it??

I knew I was going to be in trouble with all of the Christmas eve, Christmas day and after Christmas celebrations, but this is crazy.

We went to spent 3 days at our in-laws house. They are usually very healthy people... grilling meats, lots of veggies, etc. We not this week. If it was not fried, it was in a cassarole. I was crushed. Everything tasted wonderful, but there were no fruits and salads... just high points food. I could not make myseld offend anyone by going shopping for food for me so I ate what was there.
Fried Bienets for breakfast, shrimp salad for lunch (nothing healthy... lots of Mayo and pasta), fried fish for dinner... you get the picture...
This on top of the fact that I was PMS-ing, I had a 7 pound gain. SEVEN pounds!! is that even possible?? :( I did not eat that much. Well, add to the fact that I did not exercise one single time all week and that should do it.

Never again. From now on, I am cooking.
I will let you know how Saturday goes.

TheDuckRocks
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh Angel you sound like me. I'm up 6.5 pounds and am furious with myself. And it's not going to get any better until the end of Jan. when we get back from a week at Disney World and then a 4 night Disney cruise. How dumb was that to plan a vacation so soon after the holidays?
I can one up you on the eating with the relatives at Christmas story. :shake: My daughter invited us over for breakfast Christmas morning to see what Santa brought for the grandkids. Imagine my surprise when "breakfast" was cookies and bacon.:eek::jaw:
I swear I raised that child knowing better than that!
A Happy and Skinner New Year to us all!
My mantra right now is just maintain, just maintain..........

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Just put your little speed bumps behind you, and move on...

I'm actually down a bit, but I've been sick, so that has contributed to it.

Here's to a Healthy 2008! :fworks: