PDA

View Full Version : Club 33

tink'72
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Does anyone belong to or have been to Club 33 at DLR?

Iluvpooh
11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I wish. If I had 15 years of free time and 10K a year to throw away maybe.

Maleficent's Dad
12-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Does anyone belong to or have been to Club 33 at DLR?

I sent you a PM

Hammer
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I am going to move this to the Dining forum for Disneyland where you may get more of a response.

Aisling
12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Let's just say someone had 15 years and 10K a year to throw away, how would one get to go to Clubb 33? Is there an application process? Do I need to introduce myself to Maleficent's Dad (just kidding, your post was very curious!)

I've seen the door. I've gotten a glimpse inside. I'd like to dine inside...:secret:

Iluvpooh
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
As far as I know there is an application process and a waiting list of 14+ years to get in!! I was recently told by a friend of mine that live near there that they closed registration because they had too many people on the waiting list. They may reopen it later though. We are going to DL in 2 years, if there is anyone here that is a member of club 33-I would love a reservation!!:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Do I need to introduce myself to Maleficent's Dad (just kidding, your post was very curious!)
I should have prefaced my post by stating that neither I, nor any member of my family, is a member of Club 33.

There is a process to request a place on the waiting list. As of now, however, even the waiting list is closed to new members.

BrowncatP
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
You can get "IN" when you take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. As part of the tour you get to go inside. You only see the foyer part.

*tinker_belle*
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
We have a family friend that used to work for Disney Studios and in the 80's we got a private tour of Club 33. I just found this out, my dad just recently mentioned it. I was probably about 3 so i don't remember. And we didn't eat there, we just got a walk through.

wendybird
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I can say that I am one of those fortunate ones who have had dinner at Club 33. I was in high school and my friend's dad worked for some BIG company (have no idea since I was so young) that belonged and he made us a dinner reservation. It was a very "cool" experience, but wish I could have enjoyed it as an adult. At the time, I had no idea how "cool" it was.

I do remember how great it felt to go in the "magic" door that peple don't even realize is there until someone uses it. We had to cut through the line waiting for Blue Bayou and they all looked in as we enetered. There was an old fashioned cage-type elevator that took us to the second floor. Everything had a 33 on it - even the plates. Don't remember the food, again, as a teenager wasn't that important. I do remmeber her last name was printed on matchbooks, napkins or something that we took them with us.

If I could only go back now . . . .

MMouse6937
03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Was just listening to one of my podcasts and was wondering if anyone here on Intercot is a member of Club 33?

We were in DL a couple years ago and I made DH take my picture in front of the door (once I found it). People were looking at us like we were crazy. I really wanted to ring the bell and see if we could come up but I didn't want to be a pest.

It's seems like just the coolest place, can't imagine what it was like in Walt's day! :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
DBF's mother works for SBC in San Diego. Every 5 years they offer them a reward for their anniversary with the company. She gets tickets to DSL and dinner at Club 33. Next time I get to go! DBF speaks very highly of it. What an employee reward! Next time I'll take pictures to post!

Patricia
03-27-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm going to be running the Disneyland half marathon this August and we are having our "race completed" celebration at Club33. I have a friend taking us in. :)

I'll be posting pics and notes after the race.

Belle619
04-16-2008, 10:56 AM
How does one become a member of Club 33? I aspire to be one someday and I better start getting my plan of action ready now! :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
How does one become a member of Club 33? I aspire to be one someday and I better start getting my plan of action ready now! :mickey:

Club 33 is not accepting applications until 2010 and once you even get on the waiting list the average wait is about 14 years before you are actually a member, so you have plenty of time to get your plan in order. To start the process you mail a letter of inquiry to the club. You then receive a packet with dues information, etc. You then submit your letter requesting to be placed on the waiting list for membership (but, again, you can't do any of this until at least 2010). Most folks see the membership prices and :faint: but if you're still interested it's just a waiting game to get in then keep paying the annual dues.

mktiggerman
04-17-2008, 07:10 PM
The average wait numbers are padded quite high to be honest and 14 years quite frankly an exaggeration. My brother has been a member for 2 years and was on the wait list for a hair under 3 years. Other members we've met have waited less than 2 years while some have waited 7. It XX more members than anticipated members don't renew, then XX slots are available for new members.

IamBelle
08-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I was watching a Disneyland special on the Travel Channel yesterday and I saw that they had this exclusive members only restaurant in New Orleans Square. I was just wondering, is it still there, and how do you become a member??
Thanks,
IamBelle

NotaGeek
08-17-2008, 03:27 PM
There is another informative post I found by using the search function, and INTERCOT Member and Moderator Strmchsr had this to say:

Club 33 is not accepting applications until 2010 and once you even get on the waiting list the average wait is about 14 years before you are actually a member, so you have plenty of time to get your plan in order. To start the process you mail a letter of inquiry to the club. You then receive a packet with dues information, etc. You then submit your letter requesting to be placed on the waiting list for membership (but, again, you can't do any of this until at least 2010). Most folks see the membership prices and :faint: but if you're still interested it's just a waiting game to get in then keep paying the annual dues.

I am merging all the Club 33 Posts, so everyone can see the old posts.

As far as the membership fees, I believe it's about $10K a year.

jrkcr
08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I wish that my good friend, Diznee4me, will someday become a member. :pixie:

(Then he can invite me as a guest!)

I see this as a win-win. :thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
08-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I wish that my good friend, Diznee4me, will someday become a member. :pixie:
(Then he can invite me as a guest!)
I see this as a win-win. :thumbsup:

Yeah, right. Just as soon as I have an extra 10K lying around I will be sure to get that application process started. But hey, I will take that pixie dust and whatever happens- happens! :D

WDWHart
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Have been there about 2 years ago thanks to a relative of my DW. It is so nice that we felt a little uncomfortable. But everyone was very nice and we had a wonderful meal. Once the waitress explained to us what the stuff on the menu was! :confused: The atmosphere was awesome and the food was great.

However I would have to have a lot of money to be a member there and pay for dinner on a regular basis. But well worth the one time only trip.:mickey:

One interesting tidbit that my wife found funny was that the toilets in the restroom look like actual chairs. :secret:

Joy2theworld
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
We were there a few weeks ago and I have to admit it wasn't all we hoped or expected. The food was good, but not fantastic. We decided our standards are just getting higher and higher based on some amazing meals we've had places and cook at home. The thing that surprised us was how loud it seemed. The toilets in the bathroom did throw me a little. They were a little awkward to use too!!

NotaGeek
09-13-2008, 01:23 AM
We were there a few weeks ago and I have to admit it wasn't all we hoped or expected. The food was good, but not fantastic. We decided our standards are just getting higher and higher based on some amazing meals we've had places and cook at home. The thing that surprised us was how loud it seemed. The toilets in the bathroom did throw me a little. They were a little awkward to use too!!

I am sorry to hear that your meal and overall experience in one of the most exclusive dining rooms in SoCal was disappointing ... I sure would love the opportunity myself.