PDA

View Full Version : Yet another AKV question

fanofdisney
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry I'm bothering you with all these AKV questions but I have another one. We are a family of 5, 2 adults 3 children-13, 11 and 5. I'm looking at the points chart and thinking about whether or not we would have enough room in a 1 bedroom with 5 people. So, we have 248 points to work with. If we get a 1 bedroom SV in Oct we use 216 points if we are able to get a Kilimanjaro Club Concierge it is 252 pts and need to borrow 4 pts. Has anyone stayed in the Concierge room and is the 1 bedroom any larger or does it have the second bathroom? If we get a 2 bedroom then we borrow 47 pts. This of course is all hoping we can get into AKV since our home resort is SSR.:fingers: So I guess what I am asking is this is it worth borrowing that many points to get a 2 bedroom or should we wait to stay there when Kidani Village is completed and the 1 bedroom is bigger?:confused: Thanks for your patience:blush:

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I didn't know DVC can get on Concierge level, We did 4 in a one bedroom with no problem 5 might be tough, but its basically only sleeping, otherwise there is alot of room .
I have twins - 8 yrs old and they shared the sleeper- i guess if you put the 3 kids in the bigger bed and you two took the sleeper:)

Horizon93
11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
As long as you are not booking a 1 br value, the rooms will sleep 5 at AKV. The standard, savanna, and concierge 1 brs have the sofa bed and the sleep chair. In Jambo house, there is only the one bath. When Kidani opens, all of the 1 brs will have 2 full baths and will sleep 5 in Kidani. Hope that helps!