PDA

View Full Version : Dining with a 1 year old

rt207
11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I may decide to make an ADR, or 2, for our January trip now that I think I can predict my son's nap times. When calling, I tell them "2 adults and an infant" so they know he'll be there? Will they provide a highchair automatically? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I've never traveled with a baby to WDW before...Do you just feed the baby off your plate, I guess?

Mickey'sGirl
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
First -- Travelling with a 1 year old is terrific fun! I hope you have a fabulous time!

When you call to make your ressies, simply tell the CM taking your call that you are making each for 2 adults and an infant. The CM will ask you if you want to request a high chair and that kind of thing.

Your little one can eat from your plate, or at buffets or family style restaurants (which most of the Character Dining is) you can get them food right from the table.

Have a great time! And congratulations on the adoption of your son!! :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
One great benefit of dining with a baby - you don't have to pay for them! :D

If you're eating at table service or a quick-service, you could buy some fruit or a muffin or whatever the little one is able to eat at the time, if what you're eating is not acceptable for baby. (A full kids meal will probably be way too much food for a 1-yr-old.) Disney is good about providing healthy foods.

Of course, you'll probably want to stash a container of baby's favorite snacks, in case they turn up their nose at dinner. :) With all the stimulation & exercise baby will get, you'll be happy they eat something, even if it's not the veggies! :thumbsup:

Happy planning! :babyroll: :balloon:

Jared
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
When you make the reservations, tell the Cast Member you are dining with an infant and request a high chair. At buffets and family-style restaurants, you will not have to pay for your child.

:tasty:

rt207
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks!:thumbsup: