PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
For 3 years in a row we have made a special trip to BoatWrights at PO.
Even though we have never stayed at that resort. We met up with some relatives there 3 years ago.
I must say that each time the dinner has been tremendous. The menu has some very unique items and each is delicious. Plus the service has been great, and I really think that good service takes a restaraunt over the top.
Additionally, there was a server names Aurora ( no not the princess) who took time out to play with our twins and ensure they had a magical time.
We are going to return in 2008 too.

Bohms4
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
We had a great dinner at Boatwrights in Oct 2005, too! You don't hear too much about it, so it was a pleasant, unexpected surprise for us. We expected it to be so-so....we wound up with great food and great service!

goofysbabe
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
We loved Boatwright's too! Food, service - everything is just excellent, can't wait to go back.:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I like Boatwrights also - it's good hearty food! I have to admit I was disappointed when they took the garlic cheese bites and the ribs off the menu.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
We're Boatwright fans too...we have breakfast there each trip, and it is always awesome! The food is good, and we've always had great service :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
me and dw couldn't agree more, everytime that we visit WDW we always get in a meal at Boatwrights. there breakfest menu is outstanding as well, dw loves to get the bannan stuffed french toast while i'll indulge in the sweet potato pancakes, and yes we do have a ADR for breakfest on our upcoming trip.

Victor

JPL
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I love Boatwright's but can we keep it quiet with all the restaurants booking up so far in advance I need a place to eat during those last minute trips ;)

Crystal Palace
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Boatwrights was not great for us. I ordered a steak (or prime rib...honestly can't remember) with cheesy potatoes. It was just okay. My mom hated her dish. And believe me, she's not a fussy eater. It was some kind of seafood pasta dish with vegetables. It turned out to actually be mostly vegetables. We ordered a chocolate cake with raspberry puree. The puree was like a tiny smear for decoration, and the cake was no different than something you'd get at the food court. Needless to say, we were not impressed, and will not be going back. But we loved everything else about that hotel!

Crystal Palace
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I like Boatwrights also - it's good hearty food! I have to admit I was disappointed when they took the garlic cheese bites and the ribs off the menu.

I was actually looking forward to trying the cheesy garlic bites. I saw a menu for the bar at the hotel too, and the garlic bites were listed on the menu. Well we got there and I asked the waiter about them. He looked at me like I had three heads and said he'd never heard of them.

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry i brought it up- I do agree its good to keep paces like this quiet- because I have always gotten a good meal-

JerseyMouse
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Boatwright's was very good when we ate there a couple weeks ago. We both had the Prime Rib, service was friendly, food was tasty, and we ended our evening with Piano Bob in the lounge!!

JPL
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
:director: Move along nothing to see here ;) :whistle:

Bohms4
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM

:funny::clappy:

McGoofy
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh too late...you got my attention!!;)

I am staying at POR in just 17 days! I hadn't even thought about eating at Boatwrights.

Sweet potato pancakes sounds fabulous! I may have to try that. What other menu items do you recomend??

#1donaldfan
12-01-2007, 09:19 AM
The pancakes are the best, as are the french toast. Boatwrights IMHO, is the best breakfast in all of Disney !!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
12-01-2007, 09:27 AM
It's me again, sorry.....yeah, it would be nice for this to not get out to, too many, but that's what intercot is for, for sharing info. I'd love for Boatwrights to stay "our" little secret, but that's not fair. Actually, in the past 5 years we've been virtually alone in it for breakfast. We love the excellent service and food, plus just the beauty of the place. I'd love to see it packed to capacity, so everyone could enjoy the great food. But.........if they get "that" busy, would the great serivce and food suffer....UMMMM???? Maybe?? We really do love POR and all they have to offer !!:thumbsup:

Jared
12-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I love Boatwright's but can we keep it quiet with all the restaurants booking up so far in advance I need a place to eat during those last minute trips ;)
Remember when it was possible to snag a reservation at a popular restaurant at the last minute? Soon, even a small resort restaurant like Boatwright's Dining Hall will be booked months in advance.

I don't think we're allowed to eat anymore.

McGoofy
12-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Remember when it was possible to snag a reservation at a popular restaurant at the last minute? Soon, even a small resort restaurant like Boatwright's Dining Hall will be booked months in advance.

I don't think we're allowed to eat anymore.

I remember a day when you could just walk up to LeCellier and enjoy a meal! Now if you don't have an ADR (which sometimes you are lucky to be able to get that), they just look at you and :haha:.

JPL
12-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I had a nice list of walk ups

Concourse Steak House
The Plaza
Le Cellier
Brown Derby
Liberty Tree (Pre-character Meal Days when it was a much better restaurant)
Yahtsman Steak House

The thing most of them had in common was the price they were all expensive so it scared most people away.