PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Counter/Snacks

PeterPansMagic
11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Now that I have my ADRs done Im curious as to what your favorite counter service & snacks are? Where are they located & describe what each thing is. Example would be: Zebra Domes.

Miss Mouse
11-30-2007, 01:21 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what's a zebra dome? :scratch:

goofiecrazy
11-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Cosmic Rays in MK they sell this huge sandwich with cold cuts on it and its so good..Hot dogs from any counter service place I love hot dogs but these are really good.My husband always get ice cream from Main Street and I always get the raisin glazed pretzel from Norway,plus the carrot cake from the bakery from the Boardwalk.Its so big its worth the 5 bucks.

AwPhooey
11-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Here are my favorite counter services...
- MK: Columbia Harbor House
- Epcot: Cantina de San Angel
- Studios: Starring Rolls Bakery
- AK: Pizzafari

And my favorite snacks...
- Dole Whip from Aloha Isle
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from Main Street Bake Shop
- Churros from Cantina de San Angel
- Bread sticks from Pizzafari

tomorrowschild
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Here are my favs:
Counter Service:

MK- Pacos Bills- love the Burgers- and a great fixing bar.
- Casey's- great great hot dogs

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons- great fresh food.
MGM- Starring Rolls Bakery has really good sandwiches (very fresh)
AK- Flame Tree BBQ- Pork sandwich and ribs, the onion rings are great

Snacks

My favorite snacks all over Disney World are the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches they sell from the vendors around the parks and at the resorts.
MK- Dole Whip, and anything from the bakery
EPCOT- Any pastry from France
MGM- a chocolate milkshake from the Dockside Diner
AK- Don't really have anything here.

Boardwalk- you must try the brownie cheesecake! So Yum.:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-30-2007, 03:18 PM
By far we love columbia harbour house-
it has healthy food- there are always seats upstairs, and the view is pretty interesting. Great for people watching or just to see the crowd flows.-

also Peaches and Cream if you are at beach Club-
Best Steak sandwich in WDW :sick:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
We're pretty easy with CS and snacks, but DD had to jump in with her fav's:

- the chocolate covered mickey mouse rice krispie treats
- frozen lemonade
- dole whips

Favourite CS places are:
- Casey's...it a tradition with our family now
- Cosmic Rays - we've always had great food, the separate lines for different types of food isn't the greatest though.

Jared
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
A Zebra Dome is a small chocolate mousse pastry infused with Khalua, available only Boma and The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Now that I have my ADRs done Im curious as to what your favorite counter service & snacks are? Where are they located & describe what each thing is. Example would be: Zebra Domes.
Anyway, at the Magic Kingdom, I strongly recommend Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square for a solid counter service lunch. Kids like the fried stuff, but I particularly enjoy the unique sandwiches on hearty bread and the New England clam chowder.

Another popular option is Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for burgers, chicken and salads.

In Epcot, each of the World Showcase pavilions have counter service restaurants, but I particularly like Sunshine Seasons in Future World. The Asian options are pretty unappetizing, but the salads and sandwiches are all made-to-order, and the grilled selections look delicious. The bakery has some incredible desserts, especially the Butterfingers cheesecake.

My family rarely eats at the Disney-MGM Studios because all the counter service places are pretty bad. Stick to the table service restaurants.

Finally, I'm not too sure about Animal Kingdom since Tusker House Restaurant turned into a buffet. A lot of people love Flame Tree Barbeque, but I've never tried it. Anandapur Local Food Cafes, a new counter service restaurant serving Asian food, opened a few weeks ago.

As for snacks, I usually spend the credits on bottled water or ice cream from the carts, but I always save room for one fresh ice cream cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery.

McGoofy
11-30-2007, 11:06 PM

Zebra domes are a great snack/dessert that you can get on the buffet at Boma's (dessert) or purchase separately at The Mara in Animal Kingdom Lodge (snack.) I really like zebra domes. I picked up a container at The Mara and brought some home with me when we were there a while back. On another post, I listed straight from the label on the container of zebra domes what the ingredients were --chocolate, sugar, eggs, gelatin, Amarula liqueur, cream, white chocolate, flour, baking powder, vanilla, shortening, and salt. The "amarula liqueur" surprised me. I always thought it was kahlua because that is the ingredient listed in the recipe for zebra domes in the Disney cook book. Anyhow, the substance is sort of like mousse covered in a white chocolate with dark chocolate stripes--hence the name "zebra" domes!;)

As for the OP's question:

My favorite CS:
MK: I love Pecos Bills--great cheeseburgers with a fixin's bar; they also have good ceasar chicken wraps; oh and peanut butter brownies; My 9yo son would tell you that Casey's hot dogs are the best. That's where he always wants to eat.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons has the best fresh stuff, but I do also like Fish & Chips over by the Rose & Crown

MGM: MGM seems to be my least favorite place to eat. We have yet to find a CS that we really enjoy.

AK: I love the chicken at Flame Tree BBQ.

Now the snacks: (Too many to choose from!!)
MK: Dole Whips
Epcot: Any pastry from France--strawberry white chocolate tarts are really good; schoolbread from Norway is good as well
MGM: Walk up to the Tune In Lounge and ask for a PB&J milkshake to go!! YUMMY!
AK: Popcorn?? I guess we usually don't snack too much when we are at AK!

Mackflava99
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM
I dont hear anyone saying they snack on the giant turkey legs?

McGoofy
12-01-2007, 03:39 AM
I dont hear anyone saying they snack on the giant turkey legs?

Nope, you sure didn't hear me say that. I don't know if we got hold of a bad one, but it was very fatty and lots of sharp, tiny bones. It did not have very much meat on it. We were very dissapointed. Even though they really smell so good when we walk past them, we have never had another one since that one bad one that we had in 1994!

#1donaldfan
12-01-2007, 09:15 AM
MK = Columbia H H
AK = Pizzafari
Epcot = the name is escaping me, but it's the fish and chips place.
MGM = ABC COM

AdventurerKim
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
CS places:

MK--Harbor House and Pecos Bill's
EPCOT--The Land Food Fair
MGM--Studio Catering (near Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playset)

Snacks:

MK--Dole Whip and Main Street Ice Cream Sundae
EPCOT--any pastries from France patisserie
MGM--Mickey shaped pretzel with chocolate and candy coating from Scary Apothocary