PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick!

R°o°b
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I just found out I have the opportunity to hit he MK tomorrow. I had a conference in GA end a day early. Does anyone have an idea on the crowds for tomorrow (10/30)?

Any help would be great! I've never been to WDW before and I figure the MK would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the help...

R°o°b

SignguyTom
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Does it really matter...? You only have one day. ENJOY IT!! Crowds likely to be moderate at worst. Have fun!!

Zippy_D_DooDah
11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Aren't they starting the Christmas Parade taping tomorrow on 11/30? I have never been, but will one of these days when my girls get a little older. My uncle has gone before and said that it is a lot of fun, but you have to make the commitment to stay all day and be ready for multiple takes and re-shoots.

R°o°b
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
That's true, I guess a more specific question would be: Is the MK a good place to go if you only have one day?

SignguyTom
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Aren't they starting the Christmas Parade taping tomorrow on 11/30? I have never been, but will one of these days when my girls get a little older. My uncle has gone before and said that it is a lot of fun, but you have to make the commitment to stay all day and be ready for multiple takes and re-shoots.

Oohh. TV taping. I didn't think about that.

We were at Disneyland a couple weeks ago during the TV taping there and it was an absolute nuthouse! California adventure was the busiest I've ever seen it, but still nothing compared to Disneyland. It was catching the overflow. Maybe your time would be better spent at a different park. Epcot or MGM (or both) via boat through the International Gateway.

Zippy_D_DooDah
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Agreed! Epcot and (what will soon be) Disney Hollywood Studios will probably be the best choice. If you get to Epcot early enough, you could try to get into the first Candlelight Processional, and then head to Studios for the Osbourne lights. That's our plan for when we arrive on Dec 15th for a quick trip. Another idea would be to hit Downtown Disney. Sure it's not the same as a park, but it's free, great shopping, good eats, and Disney Magic.

floridamom
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I was under the impression that the parade taping begins 12/1, but I could be wrong. In any event, another website that posts a "crowd calendar" rates MK on 11/30 as a "4" on a scale of "10," which seems to me to be an excellent day to go. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
That's true, I guess a more specific question would be: Is the MK a good place to go if you only have one day?

Absolutely!!!! The castle! Wrapped in twinkle lights!:faint: (Sorry--I'm so excited for you!:blush:) What a great time of year for you to experience the Magic for the first time!
Don't miss Wishes, and, heck--I don't even know where to start...Just wander around with an ear-to-ear smile and shiny eyes!! Have fun!
:wave: :santa3:

R°o°b
11-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Thanks for all your help and advice. I think I'll stick with the MK.

I'm getting ready to go now. :mickey: I can't wait. I just wish my family was here with me.:(

mizzoumouse
11-30-2007, 04:50 AM
We have been here all this week and crowds have been very, very light. Should be the same tomorrow.

R°o°b
12-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I just got back. The crowds were great! I managed to ride all the rides I wanted to with no more than about 15 minutes at the longest to wait. I even took time out to get my picture with Mickey, :D as well as the parade and the fireworks. :party: (No offense, but I think our Wishes fireworks at DLP are better :):mickey:)

Thanks again for all your help. I think if I have the time, I might go next weekend to the other parks as well as Mickey's Christmas Party. Have any of you been to that, yet? How is it?

R°o°b