PDA

View Full Version : Review of Raglan Road

JerseyMouse
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Both food and service were just ok here, food probably a little better than the service. I simply cannot stand a server who obviously doesn't want to be there, and wants to serve you even less, as was the case here.

Food was about as bland as you can get, I had a BLT which I had to put almost an ocean of salt on just to get it to taste like anything, DW had the eggs benedict that she said were edible at best.

We found the entire place to be quite depressing, not the effect you're looking for on vacation.

Would not return here.

Horizon93
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I was there in October. The food was good, not great. Our service however, was very good. We were there for dinner on the early side, so the place was not very crowded. We did not find the place depressing even though we arrived in a driving rain. I think that we will return someday. Rose & Crown is a better choice.

Jared
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I've never tried this restaurant, and it's not particularly high on my list.

Thanks for taking the time to post another great review.

:tasty:

Crow
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
sorry u had a bad experience
havent eaten here yet, but ive :beer: and liked. i have been thinking of trying the food
as i loved the CS next door

SurferStitch
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the review. We are trying it for the first time on 12/6.

Every time we walked by, it looked like party central in there. Music playing, people singing, and just a general good time. I hope it's like that again for us.

I'm not big on Irish food, but I talked to several people who ate there, and they loved it. We always like to try at least one new restaurant each trip, so this is one of them (also trying Concourse Steakhouse and the new Teppan Edo).

Tigger&Stitch
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
we went on our honeymoon last year (Sept 2006), and enjoyed it! We are big fans of Irish and Scottish food, though. I would guess that if you stick to the more-Irish selections that they might be better.

Honestly don't remember the service. :-/

And we'll probably only go back if we decide to eat in Downtown Disney, as none of the other restaurants appeal to us (we don't go to Disney to eat at a chain restaurant!!)

SurferStitch
12-02-2007, 11:50 AM
And we'll probably only go back if we decide to eat in Downtown Disney, as none of the other restaurants appeal to us (we don't go to Disney to eat at a chain restaurant!!)

Try Fulton's, Cap'n Jack's or Portobello's....no chains. :thumbsup:

baby minnie's mommy
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Never ate at Raglan Road yet - just seen it walking by. Who owns it?