PDA

View Full Version : A chicken ENTRANCE?

jakeofwildwood
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi all, been a while since I posted anything. We leave tomorrow at 12:45p on Amtrak and get to WDW around 10am on Saturday (yeah!).

My question is my wife is an extreme claustrophobic but wants to check out Haunted Mansion. Is there a way to go on the ride WITHOUT doing the stretch room?

Taja
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM
You might want to ask the CM at the attraction entrance. I'm sure others have had the same issue. :)

And, most likely, someone on these boards will have an answer very soon!

DizneyRox
11-29-2007, 05:23 PM
... My question is my wife is an extreme claustrophobic but wants to check out Haunted Mansion. Is there a way to go on the ride WITHOUT doing the stretch room?
The stretch room woudln't be my biggest concern. The Doombuggies are a bit tight as well, and once you get going, leaving them is a really big no-no... Exiting the vehicle can be extremely dangerous and possibly deadlly I would think depending on where you exit.

jakeofwildwood
11-29-2007, 05:28 PM
I think I'll skip giving her the "possibly deadly" part of your response Rox! LOL

SBETigg
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Someone asked this recently and the answer was no, no way to get on the ride without doing the stretching room first. Sorry. I hope someone contradicts me but I doubt it.

AuntDJ
11-29-2007, 05:41 PM
I think you can skip the stretching room. My parents were in wheel chairs and before we went in the CM asked if they could stand on their own or needed to skip the room and go straight to the ride.

I am sure they do not want this to be out everywhere as the streching room is not meant to be skipped, but I am sure if you explained the situation they would try to accomadate you.

DJ

merlinmagic4
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
I am really very claustrophobic and I did the stretching room in HM. Funny thing was, I didn't know anything about it so was really worried as I entered. However, it was very fast so she might just have to hold her breath (and then it will be over). I'm glad I did it :blush:

Is the stretching room new? I didn't remember it from when I rode in 2003.

mrsgaribaldi
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
When I saw the title, I was wondering why do chickens (like the ones we eat) need an entrance? I guess I'm tired still:blush: I just got up a little while ago. Boy do I feel stupid.:secret:

PirateLover
11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
There was definitely a recent thread on this... I thought I remembered someone saying that you should mention it to a CM anyway. Perhaps they could at least put you in a smaller group so your wife doesn't feel as smooshed, if they can't usher you through to skip it all together.

WDWFREAK101
11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't think that there is another way in besides the strecthing room but it is not very cramped and tight all you need to do is look down, the doombuggies are pretty cramped however

disneycouple2004
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes...there is a entrance that skips it...we used it last year..it takes you down a long hallway and directly to the doombuggys...however we were on a backstage tour..not sure if the CM's will accomodate you, but they should...why else would it be there ? I am sure its not just for the tours ?.. i would ask, i bet they can help...:D

SBETigg
11-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes...there is a entrance that skips it...we used it last year..it takes you down a long hallway and directly to the doombuggys...however we were on a backstage tour..not sure if the CM's will accomodate you, but they should...why else would it be there ? I am sure its not just for the tours ?.. i would ask, i bet they can help...:D

Wow, there you go. Looks like you may be all set after all.

Buttercup
11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
When you go into the stretch room, you can actually tell where the exit door is going to be... if you look at the floor you can see light coming from the other side of the panel that will eventually slide away and lead you towards the doom buggies.
I can't find an exact answer online, but I seem to remember it being the panel that is underneath the woman holding an umbrella (on a tight-rope above a crocodile).
The only info I can find online is this:

There are actually two rooms, one to the left and right of the aging portrait. The area begins on the other side between the two rooms. So, if you go into the left room, the panel that will open is the second on your right (as you walk in). If you're in the right room, the panel is the second on the left.

So if you walk into the stretch room and stand by that wall, you'll be the first to exit the stretch room when it's done, and your wife might feel more comfortable knowing that the wall beside her is going to slide away in a minute.

azdisneymom
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I have mentioned this in another post but if the info is helpful I will pass my exerience along. I am slightly claustrophobic and on my last 2 trips I mentioned this to a CM. The first time my family and I were taken around to the exit and got on from there. The second time was in July and the CM put my family and 1 other family (about 8 people all together) in one of the stretching room by ourselves. The second time was OK until we exited the room into a very crowded hallway. It was miserable. I made it through by staying close to the wall and DH making a sort of wall behind me so others could not crowd. Please tell the CM and I wouldn't think twice about being specific about your request. The rest of the ride is worth the effort.