PDA

View Full Version : Fan Guide: Walt Disney World Travel Channel show

McGoofy
11-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Yesterday afternoon I was able to watch a show that I had not seen before entitled "Fan Guide: Walt Disney World." It was on the Travel Channel and has aired before. I thought it was a very informative show for anybody planning a trip to Disney, particularly first timers. It was slightly dated. Expedition Everest was not at AK, and the food containers/paper cups/shopping bags,etc.. were the black, red, and gold colors, not the current blue Year of a Million Dreams theme. So I'm not sure how long ago the black, red, and gold colors were in use, but that is the time frame when it was taped. Anyhow, the information was still good. Fans had auditioned to be in the show by sending in home videos. The fans that ended up hosting were a family with small children, an aunt, uncle, & grandparents, so they qualified as a "Grand Gathering." The other hosts were a family of 5 (3 teenagers), a couple that hadn't been married too long, and 3 ladies that were just friends. Each group hosted a park. The show filmed their day from park arrival all the way until late at night. It showed various ticket purchasing strategies, strategies at how these fans get around the parks and ride the rides that they want, meals, etc...It had lots of insider tips--stuff like fastpasses, shipping packages to resorts, priority seating, etc... Then because the people were just ordinary people like you and me and not Disney actors, they just shared what seemed like a bunch of tips that you see here at Intercot. In fact, one of the ladies even said that their family goes to Disney a lot and when they weren't at Disney that she was online keeping up with what was going on at The World. I had wondered if she was a member here at Intercot. Anyway, this show had lots of great Disney tips. I know Travel Channel often replays shows, so if you have a chance to see it in the future, I would recommend watching it!:thumbsup:

MidnTPK
11-29-2007, 02:40 PM
This show also airs occasionally on Discovery's HD Theater channel, in HD. They broadcast it every few months.

WDWfanatic742
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
It was first released in 2002 or 2003. It was before MYW Passes so I had to laugh when the couple was purchasing their tickets. :D

Melanie
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Original Airdate: August 1, 2004.

MinnieMommie
11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a good show. I hope to see it the next time it airs. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Original Airdate: August 1, 2004.

I was close enough :D