PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Resort on Google Streetview

JT Mac
11-29-2007, 06:16 AM
All of you out there who just can't wait to relive the excitement of driving around the Walt Disney World Resort are in luck. I noticed this morning that many of the major roads on property have been canvased by the Google Streetview team.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about. If you go to maps.google.com and pull up a map of the WDW resort area you'll notice that there is a button in the upper-right-hand corner of the map labeled "streetview" click it and you'll notice that many of the roads on property are now highlighted in blue. Click on the one of those blue roads and a window will appear showing you a picture of what the area looks like from the perspective of someone driving down the road. You can drive through the toll plaza at MK (Is Google an annual pass holder?), drive past DTD and much more.

I say bonus points to anyone who finds a picture of themselves on vacation! Or better yet, did anyone happen to snap a picture of the Google Streetview van while it was doing its thing? I'd be interested to know when they were there talking the pictures.

Peace,

JT Mac

c&d
11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
:waycool: I'm having fun driving around.

ibrowse17
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I seem to visit at least a couple times a week. It is so cool, and helps the time until the next trip go by. 20 Days!!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't believe I didn't know about this...way too cool!

I just "drove" to POFQ...practising for our next trip :mickey:

scottgr
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats cools. thanks:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
:waycool:

DizNee143
11-29-2007, 03:39 PM
when i get home i sooo have to check this out!! it sounds awesome!! :mickey:
thanx for letting us know about it!!!!!

DisneyorBust
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Great info! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow. I love Google Earth *flying around the parks from above* so I've got to check out Google Street View. Thanks !

EPCOT84
12-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I just tried it. It is AMAZING ! ! ! Everyone, ya gotta check it out !!!
:car::drive:

I see I'm gonna be taking a virtual drive around for hours ! :cloud9:

This is great 'cause driving around WDW without street signs can be confusing. This will help and certainly in time they will add more.

It looks like they've mapped the Disneyland area too !:cheer:

Look the Camera icons to see if your city is mapped. Lots of major tourist destinations are being mapped! Yay !

JT Macs. I'm gonna mention it on the DLR boards for you !