PDA

View Full Version : FW cabins

NewmanFamily6
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Has anyone ever used their points to stay at the cabins? I can not find out how much points they are anywhere. It would be a Sunday to Saturday in the summer. The kiddies want to camp and I do not camp in the real sense so I thought this may be a deal that could work out.:mickey:

wendy*darling
11-28-2007, 10:23 PM
We just used points to stay in a cabin this past June. We were on our Boy Scout trip. The boys and leaders stayed inthe group camping area. But we needed a place to keep the food- mainly their perishables like milk lunch meats, juice, etc. - cold and safe.
So DH and I got a cabin and used points for 6 nights and paid cash for 2 weekend nights.

The points charts can be found on the DVC website under 2008, "Walt Disney World in Florida" The cabins are on page 2.
It looks like in the early summer (up until 7/19) it will be 33 points per night Sun-Thurs and 60 points per night on Fri & Sat.
The later part of the summer drops a bit to 29 (Sun-Thurs) and 52 (Fri/Sat).

We enjoyed the cabin. I think it would be fun for little ones who want to "camp" when mom & dad don't.

I don't think it's the best use of points, however. You can get a lot more vacation for your points in a DVC resort. But if you have the points, and this is what you want or need- it's a nice place. :thumbsup:

CarolMN
11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
We just used points to stay in a cabin this past June. We were on our Boy Scout trip. The boys and leaders stayed inthe group camping area. But we needed a place to keep the food- mainly their perishables like milk lunch meats, juice, etc. - cold and safe.
So DH and I got a cabin and used points for 6 nights and paid cash for 2 weekend nights.

The points charts can be found on the DVC website under 2008, "Walt Disney World in Florida" The cabins are on page 2.
It looks like in the early summer (up until 7/19) it will be 33 points per night Sun-Thurs and 60 points per night on Fri & Sat.
The later part of the summer drops a bit to 29 (Sun-Thurs) and 52 (Fri/Sat).

We enjoyed the cabin. I think it would be fun for little ones who want to "camp" when mom & dad don't.

I don't think it's the best use of points, however. You can get a lot more vacation for your points in a DVC resort. But if you have the points, and this is what you want or need- it's a nice place. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to add that if you make the reservation after January 1, 2008, you will have to pay the new $95 fee.

Keep in mind that if you have to cancel a cabin points reservation, you will not be able to reuse the points for a stay at a DVC resort or an II exchange. The returned points will only be good for something in the Disney Collection, the Adventurer's Collection or the Concierge Collection.