PDA

View Full Version : Ride Videos?

wedway76
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I just read the thread asking about pictures on ToT and it reminded me of a question that I had been meaning to ask you folks…

We haven’t been to WDW since the spring of 2006, and I know how diligent WDW is at keeping up with trends that they deem worthwhile… I was wondering: Do any of the thrill rides in WDW offer DVDs of you while you are on the ride? I know that almost every ride has still pictures, but do any offer DVDs? Or has anyone heard of any rumors about them doing that?

Last year a nearby amusement park added video cameras on their largest roller coaster. There is a separate camera on each rider’s face, and at the exit of the ride, where you used to order photos, you can order a DVD of your entire ride. It is pretty cool.

It wouldn’t work on all rides but I could see it on EE or BTMRR or possibly on ToT. RnR would really be great but probably too dark.

MMouse6937
11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen anything like that...yet. I agree that a video of yourself on TOT would be hysterical with the hair going up in the air, etc. :D I am sure it's not far off, I think Disney is just worried about "magic" and stuff being ruined. They ask people not to video tape a lot of rides because of that.

kdsjjb
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
We were there in February and at DTD there is CyberSpace Mountain, where you can build and then ride your own roller coaster.

At the end of the ride, you can buy a DVD that shows you during your coaster ride. We bought the DVD's and they are really pretty cool. You can see your hair flying around, and the expressions are priceless. It runs as a picture in picture, so you can see the simulation of your coaster in the corner, as you watch yourself ride it.

It would be neat to do that on some of the major rides. I think I'd be more inclined to buy that over the stills. (Although we do have a lotof the stills in the albums)