PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Records Archive Collection

Red Randal
11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Has anyone stumbled across the Walt Disney Records Archive Collection on iTunes? I know it was mentioned here by Figment once about a year ago but I recently came across this collection and it is a surprising wealth of unusual Disney stuff.

Arranged in two "discs" and composed almost entirely of covers, the collection includes a surprising number of gems including quite a few you might recognize from the theme parks, including:

A cover of "It's a Small World" by Maurice Chevelier
A version of "Hot, Hot, Hot" that I'm almost positive I heard constantly at Coronado Springs when I stayed there
The crazy Tiki Room/Macarena remix (I think it can be heard during the Fantasmic pre-show)
Linda Ronstadt's cover of "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" that was used on loads of promotional material in the mid-90's
A version of "Baroque Hoedown" from the Main Street Electrical Parade performed by They Might Be Giants
Tons of other stuff from the Fantasmic pre-show (most of which I'm guessing is off Disney Mania CD's) including "Beauty and the Beast" by Jump5, "Hakuna Matata" by Baha Men (of "Who Let the Dogs Out" fame), and Lalaine's "Cruella de Vil" (which also brings back memories of Hallowishes.)

In addition to all those goodies, there are tons of tracks that I'm probably too young to remember and lots of others that are so weird they need to be heard to be believed (a rap version of "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf", a track with Louis Prima covering "Phony King of England" from Robin Hood that I think might be from the obscure album where King Louie hangs out with Robin Hood, and something called "Disco Mickey Mouse" that is exactly what it sounds like.)

I can't believe this is the first time I've stumbled upon it. It's worth checking out if only to preview all the bizarre tracks contained within.

Red Randal
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Nobody? Really?

chrisb26
12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
That is a pretty nice collection of songs. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Now if only I could find the Illumintaions pre show music I would be set.