PDA

View Full Version : Path from EPCOT to MGM?

mulderxcoltrane
11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Hello all - I"ve heard there is a walking path from MGM to EPCOT. Does anyone know how far it is from one park to the next?

LudwigVonDrake
11-27-2007, 05:33 PM
It's about a 20-25 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

wendy*darling
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
It's not quite 1.5 miles.
It usually takes about 25-30 minutes- tops- to walk from the International Gateway to MGM. If you stop to shop or sightsee- it will take much longer! ;)

disney323
11-27-2007, 06:30 PM
it's about 4 "are we there yets" from the wife

Almost always quiker if you just take the boat from epcot to mgm with all 3 stops at Board Walk, YC & BC, and Swan Dolphin then MGM.

Polynesian Dweller
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Yep, its about 20 minutes, casual pace, and it is also a nice walk between the parks. Its a great place to find a little calm in Disney.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-28-2007, 01:22 AM
it's about 4 "are we there yets" from the wife

Almost always quiker if you just take the boat from epcot to mgm with all 3 stops at Board Walk, YC & BC, and Swan Dolphin then MGM.

I guess this is where how fast you walk comes into play, I'm a pretty fast walker when I go on my natural stride. I almost always get there before or at the same time as the boats depending on how late or tired I am. For me, it was about 15-20 minutes.

I did the double team of both Fantasmic and Illuminations (10 and 9, respectively). Left Japan Pavilion at 9:30ish (where I watched Illuminations and got to HHA by 9:50 with front row seats. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
11-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I have never been beaten by the boat, walking is always faster, at least for us. Though judging by some folks I've seen at WDW, maybe the boat is faster.

Juniorunc2001
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Depending on the weather, i think the boat is better.
Walking is great, but you will do that the rest of the trip! Might as well beat the heat, or rain, and take a nice relaxing boat ride!

AwPhooey
11-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Are there two paths between the parks, one on each side of the lake, or only one?

DizneyRox
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
The path goes around the lake so you can go either direction, once you hit the Boardwalk/YachClub/Swam/Dolphin interesection, there is only one way.

The shortest way is to exit Epcot, head towards the Boardwalk, cut through the boardwalk towards the pool and pick up the walkway out back towards MGM. Do the same in reverse to go from MGM to Epcot.

AwPhooey
11-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks DizneyRox! I can never remember where to cut through the Boardwalk, so it always seems to take longer than I think it should!

Scar
11-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Almost always quiker if you just take the boat from epcot to mgm with all 3 stops at Board Walk, YC & BC, and Swan Dolphin then MGM.I completely disagree. It is always faster to walk unless…
If you stop to shop or sightsee- it will take much longer! ;):yes: Last time I told my wife it was a 20 minute walk. It took two hours. :blush:

Miss Mouse
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Is this walkway fairly well-lit and populated or is it quiet and out of the way? I'm just asking for safety concerns.

Lodger
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Last September I was at Disney/MGM Studios on an extra Magic hour night. I had enough of the park, but the rest of my family wanted to stay, so I decided to go back to my hotel, the Beach Club myself. I walked the path back to the hotel and it took at least 20 mintues. The path was well lit and it was a pretty walk at night, with the search-lights from the park cutting throught the sky and the lights of the hotels sparkling on the water. I had the path all to myself with the expection of a lone woman walking in the opposite direction. She didn't make eye contact with me. Maybe she was a bit nervous like me, walking a long lonely path at night.

kakn7294
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
We beat the boat too and that was with 2 kids ages 10 and 5 at the time - and they both walked. There's really not a lot to stop and sight-see after you pass the Epcot area resorts. There is a really cool view of the Tower of Terror from the pathway though!

Mackflava99
11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Yes i found that shortcut near the boardwalk pool- it cuts the time down by a few minutes. I agree- I have never been beaten by the boat...

its a nice walk, quiet, peaceful.

CantonMichigan
11-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Just had to share this story. We are at BWV and have walked twice to MGM. Last night we left MGM at 9:30. I kidded with a CM, "is it safe to walk" and they replied, "sure, just look out for alligators". We chuckled, but my 5 year old daughter didn't. After a while she realized there would be no alligators and got out of the stroller. We weren't really paying attention, and 50 feet from the street bridge, my wife said, "what is that" just as my 5 year old stepped on "that", a black racer (snake) about 18 inches long. He skiddered off into the grass while my 5 year old heaved in disbelief. It took about 20 seconds for her to let out a huge scream over what had just happened. Her older brothers and me howled in laughter (ok, we're not a nice family), but it was funny.

I have American Indian blood on my mom's side and was calling my son "Red Tag Boy" since he always seems to get the red tag timer handed to him by CMs at rides. Now my daughter has a new moniker. Today, when ever she started to whine I'd ask, "What wrong with you Snake Walker?" (OK, politically incorrect, but like I said, we're not a nice family.)

DizneyRox
11-29-2007, 07:47 AM
... I kidded with a CM, "is it safe to walk" and they replied, "sure, just look out for alligators". We chuckled, but my 5 year old daughter didn't. ...

I don't think they were kidding. Alligators are a very common sight in Florida and encountering one in or near ANY of the waterways on Disney property really should be expected.

They have been sighted in the Rivers of America in Magic Kingdom, so a more out of the way place like the waterway between MGM and Epcot isn't such a surprise.