PDA

View Full Version : Review of the Yak & Yeti counter service

DisneyGrrrl
11-27-2007, 12:35 PM
First of all, let me please state that I go into everything at Disney expecting it to be good. Disney does everything so wonderfully and I have rarely been disappointed by any food there.

This was an exception.

We had the sweet and sour pork, the crispy honey chicken and a children's nugget/fry. I will not be back. I have three issues:

1. The price. For two meals, and a kid's meal it was over $30. For counter service. And you don't get much.

2. The seating. We were surprised that there were no big lines to the place so we jumped in and decided to try it. The person taking the order was slow and confused, but that's okay because he was new to this and so we were patient. Where I lost my patience was after receiving our food. There was NO WHERE to sit. Literally. So I asked one of the trainers where we are supposed to go and she mentioned that there might be some seating WAY OVER by the flights of wonder show. Seriously. I have a stroller, toddler, and full tray of food on a crowded day and you expect me to take it there? We wound up finding a table with no chairs next to the water and eating standing up.

3. The taste. If the food has tasted good, I could possibly forgive the other two issues. However, my crispy honey chicken turned out to be five chicken nuggets on some plain white rice and the sweet and sour pork looked like chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce on white rice. It was bland, dry and so not worth the money.

I am definitely letting Disney know. From what I understand, this restaurant is not owned by Disney - it's Landry's. They should be aware how bad it is. :sick:

SBETigg
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow, that sounds terrible all around. Sorry to hear it. I had high hopes for a good new place at the AK. Thanks for reviewing.

Polynesian Dweller
11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
When we saw where it was being constructed we wondered about where they would put seating. That's something they will have to address.

Also was hoping that the food would be good here. Hopefully it was just a bad day or the items but sounds like that may not be the case.

Jared
11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I've read very few positive reviews of Yak & Yeti so far about the table and counter service portions. For a restaurant that opened with so much hype, it's disappointing to learn it's not good.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

:tasty:

#1donaldfan
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
DARN !!! I was looking forward to eating there. We've waited and waited, now the reviews are negative. But, I'm generally the type that will have to try it anyway, just to satisfy my own curiosity....thanks for the review !! :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree with #1donaldfan. I was ready to give up Flame Tree to try Yak and I'm thinking I might still do it, hoping things with change when we get down there in October!

SurferStitch
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry you had such a bad experience. Bummer.

DH and I are looking forward to dining in the TS part. Our friends ate there a couple weeks ago and said the food was very good. They loved the signature dessert, and said their main courses were delicious.

xipetotec
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I've only read good things so far about the TS... But yeah, this CS sounds awful :(

BoomNLeon
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry the experience was so bad.

We will be there in January and hope to find a better time than you did. We plan on having lunch in the TS section.

Thanks for the review.

:mickey:

NJDad
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
It's great that Disney is offering some 'alternative' food choices beyond the usual burger/fries/hot dogs. But if the quality is so low (and such small portions!) it's probably just a matter of time until it becomes a pizza/burger joint and the guests will be blamed for not accepting other choices.

mudpuppysmom
11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for your review. Our family was strictly Tusker House for years, so I was hoping for something we could now continue to eat at year after year (we find a good thing and tend to stick with it). Reading your review pretty much has cemented in my mind that we will not be eating at either CS or TS place now. I like chinese type food sometimes, but I don't know that I could replace the lovely roast chicken or salmon with what you are describing. Serving chicken nuggets to adults is not my idea of decent chinese food!!

In addition, the seating situation does not appeal to me either! Soon I'll have a stroller again and a six year old, so for me to try to wrangle everyone around and try to find a seat does not appeal to me anyway.

Hopefully the rest of your vacation went better than this visit to Yak & Yeti!